77

chapter seventy-seven; real life

Leanna was sitting on the couch, waiting for Reece to get home. She had her hand rested on her stomach, not knowing what would happen if things don't work out with her and Reece.

She was worried. She didn't want their family to break up, but she couldn't avoid the facts.

The video of Reece and his ex kissing.

The fact that Reece said it wasnt like that.

How he told her that he was going to hang out with the boys, but went to see her instead.

She knew that something was off when he told her that, but she had brushed it off and continued to watch television.

She wished that she had asked him about.

Done something to keep this from happening.

Meanwhile, Reece was trying to get home. He was standing outside with the boys, trying to get rid of the last person he wanted to see.

"Just leave me alone!"

"You don't really want that."

"Of course I do! You've ruined everything!"

"I've only started something great."

Reece stares at her. "You can't be serious."

"I am."

She stares at him, a smile on her face. She really believed that this was how she was going to get him back.

"Emma, I don't want you. I haven't for years."

"You can't mean that."

"I do! I've loved Leanna since I was 20. You and I were kids when we were together. Things have changed. I have a family now!"

"I know you have Hunter."

"Well I have another one on the way!"

"You do?"

"Yes!"

Reece was furious. Furious at himself for believing that she wanted to apologize. Furious for being so stupid and actually going through with something he knew could ruin him and Leanna.

"Emma, we're done. We have been for years. Why can't you accept that?"

"Because I'm not over you! I've tried for so long, and it's not working!"

He shakes his head at her.

"I've been over you for the longest time. We were never going to last. You knew that."

She shakes her head.

"Reece-"

"Emma, we're done here."

"But Reece-"

"And sending my wife the video of you kissing me was just unacceptable. I pulled away, but you had to cut that part out!"

"What else am I supposed to do to get you back?"

"You should've known that was never going to work."

She looks down at the ground.

"You know, at least you could be mature about this."

"Me? I'm the immature one?"

"Yes! You're the one yelling at me for no reason!"

"I'm yelling because I'm angry!"

Blake steps forward, but George stops him, knowing that they shouldn't get involved in this. Besides, George wanted to hear what had happened, knowing that he had only gotten Leanna's side of the story.