Chapter 2

"But Daddy," Scarlett extended the last syllabus for dramatic effect. "This is important. It's Aaiden Airheart! You know his dad is the richest man in America, I need this."

      Drawing her lips into a full on pout, her childlike features started to show. Her doe-like eyes created the illusion of tears. "Because, Daddy, like I said it's important."

      Within seconds, the wide-eyed smile was plastered back on her face as she let out a cry of joy. "Thank you! I need at least a quarter of a million dollars transferred into my bank account by Friday." She paused, and then added the "please" at the end.

      "Yay!" She smiled and gave me a thumbs up, letting me know the deal was finalized. 

         I shook my head and laughed. I would've jumped to that conclusion by looking at her demeanor alone. If her dad had said no to her, she would most likely be on the floor crying. When it comes to guys she's totally crushing on, she'll do anything it takes even if it means acting like a spoiled princess to get it—something I know she hates doing. "I love you. Tell Mom I love her too."

      She then nodded to whatever Mr. Cunningham was saying on the other side of the line before she ended the call with a, "see you later, Daddy."

      Her natural violet-colored eyes made its ways over to me, her excitement still present on her face. "Come on Aubrey! Let's go do some stalking." I didn't even have time to protest before she started dragging me towards the front door, my butt still planted on my desk chair.

      "Scarlett, I have a suggestion to make," I voiced, causing her to pause in mid-step.

      Cranking her neck around, she blinked, her mascara coated eyelashes fluttering. "What?"

      "Why don't you wait for me to actually get up before dragging my chair out the door?"

      She laughed, dismissing my idea. "Aw, you're no fun, Bree."

      "Well, would you rather drag my chair around like a dog then?" When she didn't say anything back, I patted her shoulder knowing that I got her there. If I knew anything about Scarlett, it's the simple fact that she hated anything that could remotely stress her out, and that includes exercising and heavy lifting, or dragging me around, in this case. "That's what I thought." I chuckled, lifting myself up from the leather bound chair.

      Gathering my long blonde hair to the side, I pulled it up into a makeshift ponytail before bending down, and sliding the chair back to where my desk stood. Once that was settled with, I made my way back towards the front entrance. Seeing Scarlett empty handed, and away from her purse I knew she didn't have her keys with her. Reaching behind my pocket, I felt around before my hands came in contact with the object. Shutting the door, I gave the lock on our apartment door a quick twist.

      As soon as we took a step outside, I couldn't help but appreciate the lovely California weather. Today was one of those rare days where the heat wasn't blazing down at you even though it was Fall.

      "So, who are we stalking this time?" I asked, quoting her words from earlier.

      "Not who. Multiple people," she corrected, keeping up with my speed. "I need to scope out the competition. You know, see how much they're actually willing to bid for him, because there's no way in hell I'm losing."

      "You do realize there's at least a thousand females on campus right? How in the world are you going to stalk them all?" I asked. I knew the girl had her connections, but even then, there's no way she can stalk them all.