Chapter 13 A night to forget

I sat on the bed as I waited for them to call. Hunter hadn’t come back yet guessing he’s still looking out there for me. Serves that two face fucking cheater hadn’t it been enough that my first mate rejected me now I had to face another rejection. Fate truly sucks I got stuck with two mates that think with their head down below then there head on their shoulders. But hey serves me right for trusting right.

My phone rang indicating I had a message.

‘I’m outside come out’

I texted a quick reply and jumped out the window. I’m sure if I went through the front door somebody would mind link Hunter that I was back.

I walked for a few more minutes until I saw the familiar red mustang. The person leaning on the car smiled and waved my way. I gave a small weak smile and waved back.

They engulfed me in a comfortable hug one that I truly needed right about now.

“So what’s up?” they asked.

“My fucked up life is what’s up,” I responded with a sigh.

“How about we go somewhere so we can talk about it?” they asked.

I nodded and entered the car.

.

.

.

We arrived at a small café that still amazingly was open at this time at night. Ordering our coffees we went and found a nice place to sit far away from any curious person who tried to eavesdrop.

“Okay spill it,” they said.

“Well, with what can I start with Rick?” I said.

“From the beginning,” he said with a small smile.

Rick was an old friend that I had met a year after I had arrived at Hunters pack. He was my best friend the person I could count on the most when I needed it. He knew what to do when I needed to feel better. He knew me like the back of his hand, and knew what I wanted or what I felt just by my actions and expressions. He was a troublemaker, but fun to be around with. He is the only person I can trust in in these situations.

“Come on you know you can trust me,” he said as he took my hand in his.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. I took in a deep breath and began to tell him everything. From Roy trying to get me back to finding Hunter exchanging saliva with some slut. Well not any slut, the one who made my life a living hell.

  “So he cheats on you in your two year anniversary?” Rick asks amazed as he takes another sip from his coffee.

I nod my head, “Yeah and to top it off he thinks he can explain to me why. I don’t need an explanation what I saw was it. It broke my heart you know,” I sat back and bit my lip as I felt the all so familiar sting of tears threatening to make an appearance.

“Hey, hey, there okay don’t cry,” Rick said as he stood up and gave me a hug.

“No it's not okay,” I shook my head. “It hurts Rick I never expected him to hurt me that way I thought I would be happy with him that we could have a future but he hurt me just the way Roy did. What wrong with me am I not pretty enough am I not good enough,” I sobbed into his shoulder.

“Hey, don’t say that you are beautiful,” he pulled away and wiped my tears and looked me straight in the eyes. “You are good enough.”

“Well, I don’t feel like it I feel like complete and total crap,” I said as I looked down at my folded hands on my lap. “I feel like I'm always going to be everyone's last choice. Never the first nor the second, but always the last.”