Chapter 26 face to face

Kristen

I walked out into the clearing. To see that all the rogues had stopped fighting and were now sniffing the air. The packs looked at them bewildered. I would too if all of a sudden the person I'm fighting against stops throwing the punches. I'm no masques yeah I hate getting hurt but it would just be odd.

The rogues turned and looked at me. The packs bared their canines at them, worried that they might try to harm me. I give them a reassuring smile and walk closer to the rogues.

"Your leader has been defeated," I said as I looked at them all. "You are free to stay in my pack. I will not force you to stay and if you wish to leave you're free to do so."

Some nodded and gave me a quick, "thank you," others glared my way. I nodded and walked up to Hunter. Before I could reach him a hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me away. I crashed to the floor with an "omf".

Hunter and the packs growled at the rouge. I stood up ignoring the shot of pain that ran up my spin. I turned around only to come face to face with a pissed of Megan.

"You fucking slut!" She screamed. "I was the one that was supposed to be Luna." I caught her fist before it connected with my face.

I looked at her dead in the eyes, "Let it go," I said. "There is no point to this anymore."

"I will never let it go. An omega, a loser, should never be in a position like the one you are in now," she pulled her fist away, "you should have never returned," she hissed. "You were better of taken for dead. And now look at all that has happened because of you." She pointed, "people have died, have gotten hurt, or have lost someone they love because of you. how much more will have to fall because of you, huh?" she asked.

I stared at her running what she had just said through my brain once more. she is right people had gotten hurt because of me. It is my fault people were dead. it is my fault my mother was dead, and it is my fault that Roy died.

Hunter came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "don't listen to her. She's doing this to get into your head like she always does," he cooed. He was right and I knew what she was doing but I couldn't help think about it. I couldn't stop tasting the sour taste of her words. Who no matter for what reason she was saying them were true and will always be true. I knew were true everyone knew they were there.

I pushed Hunter away as she came closer to me, "you know it's true even if you don't want to admit it," she said with a smile, "or am I wrong?" she asked as she tilted her head and knitted her brows. The smile she wore was one of victory one that I had to see everyday for six miserable years of my life. The one that always said she won the battle against me but today...today was not a battle this was a war and it is a war I intend to win.

"Like it or not," I said, as I took a step closer to her. "I am now the leader of these rogues. And because of your greed for power you left your pack and are a rogue now too. So which means that you listen to me."

She laughed and poked my chest, "I will never listen to you," she tilted her head and smiled at me. "You know Kristen you could have changed the way you look and dress, but you will always be that nobody that no one liked." She smiled and poked my chest, "you will always be that unlovable nerd nobody ever liked. The one that nobody ever wanted from the beginning."

"That is a total bull shit!" Hunter yelled at her and others around us agreed.

I gritted my teeth and glared at her. My fist clenched and unclenched at my side. She kept on talking but all I could think of is different ways to murder her. After all I could just order everyone to never say a word about this. Yet again I will have to live with more than one person's blood on my hands. And do I really want that?...Hmmm... tempting, but sadly I can't. I have to take the high road or I will never be better than her i will be just like her and I would never forgive myself is I fell to her level.