Part 4

A/N: aaaah just found my fanfic from ages ago! I'm sorry I haven't updated it but i'm getting back into writing it now, hope you all enjoy this part!

Tom's POV

I opened my eyes. White. Bright bright white.

A face appeared above me. I jumped. A woman stood above me, her eyes peering into mine.

'Hello Mr Daley, nice to have you back!' She said in a motherly voice. It was comforting and I felt at ease. 

'What?' I said.

'Oh yes, sorry I forgot to explain. I'm Nurse Woodward. You're in Plymouth Hospital... I'm afraid you were in a car crash.'

I was totally and utterly confused. Who was this crazy lady?! She was rubbsih at explaining! And then it started to come back. Jemma, the funky buddha, the last things I saw before I dropped off to sleep in the car.

'JEMMA. Is she okay? What happened to her? Where is she? Where..' The words came rushing out of my mouth before I could stop them.

'Calm down please! You musn't get too stressed,' Nurse Woodward said calmly.

I honestly didn't care about Nurse Bloody Woodward, the only thing on my mind was Jemma.

'You HAVE to tell me what happened!' I said urgently.

'Well, if I must! Jemma is absolutely fine, she was discharged two days ago!' the Nurse said exasperatedly, turning her back on me and bustling away.

'TWO DAYS? I've been lying here for TWO DAYS? I need to see Jemma now.'

'No you certainly do not young man' she said to me sternly 'You gave your family and friends such a fright, you need rest.'

Urgh i just wanted to jump out of my bed and find Jemma. I didn't know this annoying woman, she couldn't tell me what to do..

Jemma's POV

'Jemma,' my Mum called up the stairs.

I sighed. 'What?'

'Do you want anything to eat?'

'No.' I slammed my door and threw myself onto the bed. My Mum's initial reaction had been sympathetic, she and my sister Laura were so glad I was okay. But then after she knew I had made a full recovery, things soon turned stony. 

She was furious with me for many things.. Going out on a school night without permission, drinking, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving a car I wasn't insured on.. The list went on and on.

I could understand but now she had banned me from meeting up with any of my new friends. I was so angry, after all it wasn't their fault, it was mine. And I felt so guilty, Tom was still in hospital on intensive life care and it was all down to me.

*Time passed and life got back to normal, as normal as an Olympic divers life was anyway. Jemma and Tom made up and were steadily becoming best friends. Both parents had decided to lift the ban on seeing eachother outside of school. *

Tom's POV

It was a month since the car crash and life was pretty much back to normal now. The junior worlds were being held in Australia in just under a month now so I was in full on training mode! I felt bad for not seeing my friends much, most of them were divers so they understood but I hadn't been making much time to see Jemma. Whenever I saw her, my heart ached. 

I couldn't bring myself to tell her that my feelings had changed, I just didn't know if she felt the same way too. I couldn't risk ruining our friendship.

Jemma's POV

I stared down at my maths homework. What a load of crap... I didn't understand a word of it. i decided to ring Tom, he was brillant at maths, the best in our A level class.

I dialled the number that I now knew off by heart and watched the screen as the gorgeous picture of Tom popped up. 

'Hey Jem!' Tom said enthusiasically.

My heart almost popped. I knew my feelings had changed for him but at the same time I knew he didn't feel the same. He was always busy training whenever I suggested meeting up...

'Hey tommm... i'm a bit stuck on my maths homework can you give me a hand? it's just some quadratic equations. You see when x equals two then...'

My voice trailed off as I heard Tom giggling. 

'What?' I said confused.

'You silly billy! I can't explain it over the phone! Bring it over,' He said.

'Be there in five,' I said.

Right. I had to get ready quickly. I looked an absolute state and I wanted to impress Tom. 

I went over to my wardrobe and pulled numerous outfits off hangers until I finally found the top I was looking for. I pulled it on with a pair of jeans and flats, touched up my makeup and let my hair down before grabbing my homework and running out of the door .

I reached Tom's house soon, he only lived round the corner. Before I could ring the doorbell, Tom opened the door smiling.

'hey!' he said smiling.

"heyyaaa', I said walking in and kicking off my shoes.

'HEY DEBBIE' I shouted following Tom up the stairs to his room.

"Oh, she's out until later. It's just you and me' Tom said smiling.

'Oh, okay,' I replied trying to sound casual. But really my insides were pounding. Was this my opportunity to make a move?

Tom's POV

Trying to explain maths to Jemma right now was like trying to teach a snail to do backflips. She was totally unfocused and distracted and for some reason kept staring at my face, rather than her workbook.

'What's up?' I asked glancing up at her. 'Do you understand? You seem a little distracted today, is there a problem at home or something? You know you can tell me anything, I.......'

And before I could say another word Jemma grabbed my face and kissed me. 

It was like fireworks had gone off in my brain, I'd kissed a few girls before but it had never been like this.

I kissed her back. After a few moments we broke apart.

Jemma was blushing 'I'm sorry,' She said tunring away, 'I didn't mean to...'

'Shhh' I said smiling and I kissed her again.

Hope you all like it!! I'll be updating soon :-)