Part 3

Thanks for reading part 2! Here's part 3, PLEASE COMMENT! I wanna know what everyone thinks! Even if it's constructive!

Tom's POV

I paused from wildly dancing in the centre of the dance floor in the Funky Buddha to glance at Jemma. She seemed to be having a wail of a time... without me.

Chris danced towards me, smiling. He had his arm around Dilara. Wow, they were getting on well! I stumbled towards them a beer in my hand.

'Mate, you're sloshed' Chris said to me, shaking his head. 'What's gotten into you? You never even drink and you've got training first thing tomorrow morning!'

'Whaa?' I said dazed.

'Let's get you home Tom' Dilara said to me.

Jemma's POV

I was having a great night! I was still pretty annoyed with Tom, so I avoided him, spending the whole time with Tonia, Sarah and Aoife. I had a few drinks but stayed pretty sober, after all it was a school night and Mum would kill me if she knew I'd been drinking.

I looked around to see where everyone was and to my surprise I saw Tom being lead to the entrance, supported but Chris and Dilara.

I ran over.

'What's going on?!' I asked, confused.

'Think Tom's a bit drunk... He's pretty much been sat on his own at the bar all night!' Dilara said to me.

'I don't know what he was thinking! We've got training first thing tomorrow, coach is gonna kill him!' Chris said tutting.

'Heeeey' Tom slurred turning to me. 'Oh it's you. YOU! Your fault! YOURS'

'What?' I said shocked.

'We'll leave this to you' Chris said leading Dilara away.

I turned to Tom.

'Well, explain yourself?' I said furiously. 'Do you think you can just shout at me and get away with it?'

'You you you ignored me. All night. That's why I drank,' Tom said. 'I tried to speak to you, to tell you. That I love you'

I snorted. Honestly, he was absolutely hammered. He obviously didn't mean it, did he? All day I'd been dreaming of him saying this but now it had happened, it wasn't right. He was out of his mind..

'Come back to mine' Tom begged me.

'No, you need sleep. I'll take you back, we'll get a taxi.' I told him.

'No, I'll drive!' He sang cheerily getting his car keys out of his pocket and walking over to his car.

'You must be joking! You're drunk Tom, it's illegal! You'll probably crash and kill us both!' I said reasonably.

He looked at me pleadingly.

'Okay... I'll drive' I said to him. After all, I'd only had a few drinks and it would be cheaper and much quicker than waiting for a cab. I tried to reason more with myself than him, I really did know I shouldn' be...

We got in the car and drove off. Damn. I probably should have told the others that we'd left, I didn't want them to worry. As we drove along the long dark road, I got my phone out of my pocket and tried to text Tonia. Deep down I knew I shouldn't really be on my phone whilst driving, after I'd been lecturing Tom about dangerous driving I wasn't exactly setting the best example.

I glanced over at Tom. He was asleep, breathing heavily. Wow he looked beautiful.

I didn't see the car coming. A flash of lights. A crash. Everything went black.