Chapter 4

Hi there! Just a little note to keep you going... The places mentioned in this chapter are real but the scenarios of those places are fictional. Thanks! :D

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

IV.

     You can call me a time traveler now.

     I'm traveling back to where I first started. To where I really belong. To where I can find who I am.

     The moment I arrive at the airport, I saw a girl holding a placard with my name written on it.

Karchedelle Hunter.

    The strands of hair I have on both arm stands the moment a powerful force starts taking over me. The people in the background starts walking in a sped up pace as if I was the only one in slow motion.

Karchedelle Hunter... Why does this name sound so powerful?

     "Kari!" At the mention of that name, I start to grow weak as if that name is some kind of a vacuum that takes away all the energy in me. I start to picture out windmills and sunsets and I begin to see things again. I feel like the place was getting noisier, and the voices were getting louder... "Kari! I'm Margaux, remember me? I'm your best friend..." The way her eyes glimmer make her sound so sincere. Sincerity.

      Why does her sincerity softens my heart?

      I look at her as I contemplate with my thoughts. I came here to know who I really am, I guess there's no use if I give in to my doubts. You can say that again, I know, I know... I'm Cassidy - I mean Karchedelle, the Doubtful one. 

      "Margaux... I don't really remember you, but I can feel that I do." I smile as I extend my hand to her. Suddenly, with an unexpected hug, she completes the moment.

      "I'm your best friend, I will help you. I know everything... from the start 'til now." With that, I nod my head to give her a signal that I'm following her outside the parking lot. Must be that she's looking for her car. "Karen called me earlier and told me you'll be coming over." So that explains why Margaux is here. Karen, thank you for making things easier for me.

      "What actually happened to me?" I ask as soon as we set foot in her Volkswagen. She fixes the rear view mirror and then looks at me; her long black locks hang on her shoulders.

      "Explaining would take years before you remember... I've thought about the best way. I'll be taking you to lots of places and help you remember your existence here in New York." She explains. I have a feeling that Margaux is really an intelligent person. The way she talks... it's different from ordinary people. "We met in a random vending machine just before the second semester of our first year in college together in our school. I was trying to get a cola for myself but I failed. You helped me because you said you read my thoughts. At first I thought you were only kidding, but in the end I found out that you really had supernatural abilities... and you even said that you might even have another power. You said like you were just preparing to have it. Something like that which actually didn't creep me out because I am a sci-fi enthusiast."

       My jaw drops at her story.

What power was I awaiting? Why did I even reveal myself to Margaux before when I was not supposed to? Too sad though, I can no longer read minds anymore. I don't know how it ended up like this. I just... lost it.

      While the music plays in the car, I let my eyes wander outside the window. I was looking at some random buildings, but each building appear like they had somehow made a connection to me before.