Chapter 4: The Alpha Loves Her

**Just as a friendly reminder, the previous part has been reedited for the new flow of the story! If you haven't checked it out yet! Please do!

"I think it's time to celebrate."

Looking up from a pile of real estate documents, Jaye set down a bottle of my favorite whiskey and two glasses with a smile. Placing himself in the seat across from me, he popped the top and set it aside.

"Celebrate what exactly?" I asked in a confused voice even though deep down, I knew what this was about. I always knew.

Every time something big happened in my life in the past 150 years, from surviving my alpha training, to taking over the pack and even eradicating a whole clan of murderous rogue wolves, this man always had a special drink waiting for me. At first, I always thought it was unnecessary, a waste of time I could use to get ahead on certain things that needed my attention.

But the persistent bastard was...well persistent. And now, 150 years later, I was waiting for him to walk through the door any day now.

I bit back a smile as Jaye's vibrant blue eyes squinted into a glare and he huffed in annoyance.

"Jesus, Archer can you at least not make me say it every time? Fuck. It's been over a hundred years and I know you know why I'm doing this."

I pretended to look around in confusion before turning my attention to the next set of paper work. "No? I was expecting the mayor in the next few hours but unless they were desperate enough to hire your pathetic ass, I'm completely in the dark."

I almost laughed out loud as Jaye growled in annoyance and gripped the bottle in his hand. The microscopic sound of glass splintering filled my ear as little web like cracks appeared at the neck of the bottle.

"You little-"

"Ok, ok. I give. Fucking hell, Jaye don't break the glass. I have important documents here and I'd rather they not get an alcohol bath." I snickered along with a few huffs from my wolf.

"Idiot." He murmured before relaxing his grip and collecting the two crystal glasses near him. Pouring about an inch of bronze liquid in the glass, he kept one to himself and handed me one as well.