Chapter 3: The Alpha Loves Surprises (Edited and Altered)

**Sorry for all of the mistakes and grammar issues!

Everyone should love surprises.

The good, the bad and even the ones-you-saw-coming-but-you-didn't-want-to-disappoint-the-person-who-set-it-up-for-you kind of surprise.

Surprises are what make life a little more bearable to live in. They give you a joy that not even the worst of the worst can destroy.

But what my mom had in store for us when we walked in the front door that fateful afternoon, was nothing short of pure hell on earth.

And it all started off with Declan dropping us off after school.

Cora had just finished making googly eyes at the mayor's son and actually pulled herself together long enough to jump out of the car with me following right behind her. I had no desire to be in that car for longer than necessary and their obvious flirting was getting on my nerves.

As we waved our goodbyes (and watched Cora blow kisses), I noticed the sun glinting off metal out of the corner of my eye.

When I turned to see what was blinding me, I was pretty sure my mouth hit the ground at that very moment that I saw it.

A red Camaro sat by the 3 car garage, looking perfectly sexy and badass next to my mom's Lexus. Its shiny body and sharp edges made it my all time favorite car and the one thing that I would possibly kill over if given the chance. And by all the extras that seemed to be on it and how new it looked, I assumed it was one of the brand new ones that had just rolled out of the showroom.

When I picked up my jaw from the ground and took a step closer to make sure I wasn't actually dreaming, I noticed the license plate on the back:

BAD●ASS

I looked for a few more seconds at the ironic plate. Something nagged me at the back of my mind that I somehow KNEW this license plate from somewhere. It bothered me that it was literally on the tip of my tongue and I didn't have that faintest-

"Oh my God!"

I jumped in astonishment as Cora's piercing girl scream made me whip around. My heart was pounding in fright as I saw her excited face take on the features of a crazed psycho girl.

"What is the heck is wrong with you?!" I snapped at her. "You gave me a freaking-"

"It's him! He's here!" Cora literally jumped about a foot in the air, almost dropping her bag on the driveway. "It's been months since I've seen him and now he's here to see me! Oh my God in heaven!"

I opened my mouth to ask her who's car that was, but she had already bolted for the front door.

"Oh for the love of everything holy." I muttered before jogging after her.