twenty three. (final)

a/n: This took me all night so enjoy u fuckin fucks i love u

there will be a epilogue btw js

I DIDN'T PROOF READ BC TOO LONG

aw enjoy

>>

Luke's right hand clutches the steering wheel as his left hand fingers nervously taps against his knee. To say he's nervous would be an understatement. He's giddy, he's happy. All in all, he's excited. He really doesn't know where this boost of confidence is coming from, but he doesn't mind it. At all.

He could have gone to see Ashton so many times before, but he didn't. And he can't change the fact that he didn't and he knows for a fact that Ashton is going to ask him about that. Truth is, he doesn't really have an answer to why he didn't visit Ashton. Luke knew his address, he could have gone any time. But no. He chose to wait.

But now Luke is on his way to see the college boy he loves so much for the very first time. They've never called, they've never skyped. Nothing like that. They've simply texted for a couple of months and Luke fell in love with Ashton's personality far before he saw an actual picture of the boy. Ashton just mesmerized Luke from the beginning, and that's that.

Luke hears his phone ring from his pocket; he's knows that the Green Day ringtone of Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the one belonging to Ashton. He hesitates, but he doesn't answer. He feels a wave of guilt wash over him as the ringtone cuts off, but he doesn't want to answer it and possibly cause a car wreck. Not now. Not today.

He quickly checks the time on his watch; 2:37. He's been driving for 25 minutes and he's only about 5 minutes away from where Ashton is. His stomach goes wild as he starts to think of Ashton. How it feels to hug him, what his voice sounds like, if he still has that cute fringe. Every question you can think of practically bounces around in the blonde boys brain.

Luke finds himself turning into the library parking lot, carefully choosing a parking space, and turning off his car. But then, he just sits there for a while. Thinking.

What if he doesn't like me?

What if I'm not what he wants?

What if he's in a relationship?

What if he doesn't want to be friends and is just pissed at me for leaving for so long?

All these questions fill Luke's brain, but he shakes them off, and brings his hand to the door handle. He chukles as he sees how his hand is shaking from nervousness and a bit of fear. He takes a deep breath, and gets out of his car. He looks in the side door mirror, making sure his quiff is still nice and neat, and his clothes are presentable. After a few tugs to his hair, and a few extra fixing to his clothes, he finally decides to enter the library. Shaky hands, a nervous stomach, and a mind filled with eager questions, he turns around and slowly starts walking towards the library doors. Every step he takes earns for him to become even more nervous than he was sitting in the car.

Soon enough, Luke's opening the library door and slowly walking in. He takes about three steps, then stops to look around. A curly haired boy catches his eye, making Luke smile widely. His fringe is no longer a fringe, but it's all curly and topped with a fedora. He's wearing brown glasses that sit on the tip of his nose as he peeks into History book and writes down something in a notebook. His eyebrows furrow in concentration, but he looks more frustrated than anything. 

All nervousness washes away and Luke's now filled with nothing but excitement. He clears his throat, probably from nerves, and casually walks up to Ashton's table. Ashton doesn't seem to notice the blonde boy, as he's so into his studies. This only makes Luke smile.