Chapter One.

It is 3 am, the cold breeze brushes against my skin releases a small shiver that travels down my spine, I pull my hoodie closer to my small body to try keep what ever warmth I had left. I've been sitting out on this roof for what seems like hours, I come out here to get a sense of normal. But what so normal about sitting on a roof at 3am you ask?

It's simple, nothing.

The small hum of the city in the background is in the back of my mind as I close my eyes inhaling deep breaths, trying to grasp of what sanity I have left. I guess life isn't all butterflies and rainbows like the movies make us believe, instead its a dark and lonely place where your survival is slim.

I let out a sigh before uncrossing my legs and carefully making sure to keep my balance as I climb back into the open window of my room. Letting my eyes adjust to the light, my room is a simple white colour with miss-match furniture and clothes all over the floor, it wasn't much but it was mine. A cold chill hugs my body as I strip down to just my shirt and underwear before climbing into bed, as I lay here facing my ceiling the thoughts start to creep in, taking any form of happiness away and draping it in sadness and anger, it makes me relies that my life, the life of Theadora Alexander will never be what its suppose to be.

------------------

I woke up to a strong smell of weed that is in my presence, I adjust my eyes blinking a few times to reveal my mother with a joint in her left hand leaning against my door frame, taking in long drags of the white stick she held between her fingers. "Thea, sweet heart it's time to get up, you don't want to be late my love" my mother spoke calmly with a half smile and glazed over look before shutting my door along with the distant sounds of footsteps.

See my mother wasn't the stereotypical drug addict that was a sick and dark human-being, she was sweet, kind and mostly loving. She just made some horrible choices in life, of which I will never fully be able to comprehend. It's sad to know by the time I was 10 I knew how to roll up a joint for my own mother because she would be too out of it to do it herself.

My thoughts vanished as my older brother Luca opened my door by slamming it into the opposite wall, "looser get up, I'm leaving in 10 minutes whether you're ready or not" he muttered a few other words of which I Chose to ignore. I pull back my sheets to reveal my two heavily bruised thighs, as the thought of what more my glorious classmates could do made me long for death.

Once I finally got the courage to get dressed I chose Black skinny jeans, a white over sized shirt and a navy blue cardigan, "DAMNIT THEADORA HURRY YOUR ASS UP" I jumped at the banging on the other end of my door, not wanting waste anymore time I grabbed my school bag and walked out the door to Luca's truck, I didn't bother to get food because, I simply don't need it.