R.I.P 2 MY YOUTH

STEVE ROGERS ! TOO PUNY, TOO SICKLY, TO BE ACCEPTED BY THE ARMY !  STEVE ROGERS !  CHOSEN FROM HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR VOLUNTEERS BECAUSE OF HIS COURAGE, HIS INTELLIGENCE, AND HIS WILLINGNESS TO RISK DEATH FOR HIS COUNTRY IF THE EXPERIMENT SHOULD FAIL ! 

AND THEN, IT IS OVER ! THE CRISIS HAS PASSED !  AND THE LAND OF THE FREE HAS A NEW CHAMPION !  A NEW DEFENDER, BORN IN HOURS OF NEED.  DESTINED TO BE A LIVING SYMBOL OF THE GLORY THAT IS AMERICA !

endgame spoilers ahead

endgame AU.

it would be an easy mission ; return the stones & get back to the tower. 

it's been years since he's been out of the ice.  you're carrying their shield. 

you're their hope.

you swore you'd never surrender when their lives and freedom were at stake. so fight  ,  soldier. fight harder. DEATH'S NOT EXCUSE FOR SURRENDER ─ WHEN IT'S FREEDOM YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR.

similar to ENDGAME , steve went back in time and took the stones to their respective places.  he'd seen peggy just a few hours before. through a window.  he surely had enough time to get over her, though.  someone else had come out ever since he got out of the ice. stability wasn't something that he was looking for. atleast with her. 

closure was the only thing he needed.

it would only be a few seconds for banner & the others , but for him it was years.  two years , to be exact.  he couldn't sit around and do nothing while the world was falling apart.  he couldn't sit around knowing that bucky was out there.  alive. 

a dance , that's all he needed.  a promised dance and some time to get over her and his thoughts.  time to correct his past mistakes. 

it wouldn't be long , he said.  and it wasn't.  the world needed him , tony needed him.  the damage he had taken from the gauntlet had definetly taken a toll on him.  but he couldn't bare the thought of him suffering by himself.  he'd fight for as long as he could.  for the people that couldn't.  for the people that needed him. 

( * cough *  my take on endgame bc the ending was pure bs )