Chapter 8

“Hey! Dani! Wake up!” I heard someone say over me. I slowly opened my eyes to see Emily standing over me. I had forgotten over the night that she slept over.

“What do you want?” I groaned as I turned over in bed and buried my head into my pillow. I was exhausted from staying up for the majority of the night with Emily just fangirling. I bet if I looked in the mirror I would have some massive dark circles under my eyes.

“Get up hoe!” Emily shouted in my ear. I felt a pillow smash down on my back, but I still didn’t move.

“Five minutes.” I mumbled. The pillow came down on my back again, and then Emily’s hands were shaking my shoulder.

“No! Get up now! You’re going out with Ross, remember?”

Luckily Emily had said that or I would have fallen asleep. I sprung up from my bed.

“Oh my god. I totally forgot. Ughh. What time is it? I need to take a shower, blow dry my hair, style it, do my makeup, pick out my clothes, get dressed plus more. Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?! What kind of a friend are you?” I babbled on my way to the bathroom. I turned on the faucet and grabbed my toothbrush.

“What?! Are you kidding me? I’ve been trying to wake you up for about twenty minutes. You are a heavy sleeper. And did you know that you sleep talk. You were saying something about your dad.” She said. I didn’t reply as I brushed my teeth. I can’t believe I was sleep talking again. Well at least I didn’t get up and walk all the way down the stairs into the garden like I did a few months ago.

I turned off the faucet and skipped out of the bathroom to my closet. Emily walked next to me and opened the door.

“All you have is jeans and band tee’s, Dani.” She said, examining my overflowing closet. She was right. I didn’t even own one single skirt. Emily looked down to the floor of my closet “Oh and lots of sneakers.”

“Yeah.” I mumbled.

“You know what, put some sweats and a tee on real quick and let’s go to my house. I have a bunch of new stuff I could let you borrow so you look a little decent on this get together with Ross.” She said.

“Oh wow thanks for calling my sense of fashion stupid.” I said, rolling my eyes. Emily smirked. I threw on some sweats and a faded army tee shirt and slipped on some shoes.

I had just walked out of my room with Emily, when Patricia walked infront of me blocking my path. Again.

“Yes?” I said sarcastically.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“None of your business.” Emily replied. Patricia evil eyed me and then moved aside. I took the opportunity to leave before she said anything else. When I reached the stairs, I glanced back at her only to see her staring at me.

She was up to something.