Chapter 6

“Daniela, there is no need to talk to your mother that way.” My step father said, coming out of nowhere and scaring the complete life on me.

“She’s my mother. Why should I listen to you?”

“Daniela!” My mother scolded me. “Learn to respect and listen to your dad.”

I almost threw my bag across the room.

“He is not my dad! He will never replace my dad! Do you understand?” I shouted in rage.

“That is no way to act young lady. Your father and I just wanted to have a quick family chat about your upcoming sweet sixteen.” My mom said. It was amazing how she kept her cool when there were guests in the house.

“Again! He’s not my father! He’s a stupid, stuck up guy that you decided to marry to replace dad. He’s just using you mom, don’t you realize?” I said. My mom snapped.

“I never wanted to replace your dad. He left us and William took us into his family with open arms. He loves us. You should be lucky. Your dad would have never done anything like this for you.” With that, my mom left to the garden. My step father turned to me.

“You mess everything up. You’re punished, you little bitch. Get your ass upstairs right now and think about what you did.” He said.

“Whatever.” I muttered, making my way upstairs.  

“What was that?”

“Nothing, daddy dearest.”

I marched upstairs and when was making my way to my room, my step sister, Pricilla’s, door opened. She walked out, her blonde ponytail bouncing in the process, and stood in front of me. I really hated all 16 years of her. She was just as mean as my step dad.

“Um, excuse me.” I said, trying to push past her.

She didn’t move. She obviously wanted to say something.

“What do you want? I don’t have time.” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“She’ll never believe you. She doesn’t even care about you, just like your daddy. Soon you’ll be nothing. I hope you remember that.” She said in her squeaky mouse voice.

I pushed past her and slammed the door to my room. Emily was sat on my bed, tapping away on her phone. I walked straight into the bathroom, closed the door, and sat on the toilet seat. Tears immediately streamed down my face as I brought my knees up to my face.

I hated my so called family. I didn’t care that my step dad and Pricilla made fun of me and told me how I was nothing, but when they talked about my dad and my mom, I would always break down.

I glanced out the window that gave me a perfect view of the garden. My mom was crying on my step dad’s shoulder as he stroked her long auburn hair that was exactly like mine. His face didn’t look caring at all.

“I promise you’ll see the truth.” I whispered.

Slowly, I got up and wiped the tears from my face. Opening the door, I stepped out and sat on my bed with Emily.

“Is everything ok?” She asked. I plastered a fake smile on my face and answered.

“Yup. Everything is awesome.”