park seonghwa

words in italic indicate chat messages.

seonghwa has sent a message!
[view] [close]

i need your help.

all of a sudden?

yeah.

okay, what is it?
•read

my fingers turn cold, shaking lightly at the unexpected message from seonghwa. even though he is a friend of mine, we rarely interact and there is always a visible line of boundary between us.

i manage to befriend him with the help of hongjoong; a friend of ours. to be honest, whenever hongjoong is not with us, there is always an awkward silence that lingers; and the fact that i have a crush on him doesn't help.

you're going to the art convention, right?

can you buy something for yeejin? her birthday is coming soon.

i'll definitely pay you back.

my lips curve upwards, displaying a bitter smile as i read through his messages. of course it's about yeejin.

seo yeejin is one of the students who joined as a freshman in high school, her attractive visual got the attention of others- including mine. with her visual along with her adorable behavior, it's understandable that many have their hearts caught by her; one of them being seonghwa.

what should i buy?

i don't know.
do you have any ideas?

i could ask her if you want.

sounds good.
thank you so much :)
•read

- - ┈┈∘༒∘┈┈ - -

the art convention is as crowded as its previous ones. i heave out a tired sigh as i purchase the last item on my list.

walking as quickly as i can to the resting corner of the place, i open my bag filled with numerous merchandise to make sure i have all the listed things bought.

taking out my phone, i snap a picture of the things that i bought for yeejin and send it to seonghwa.

you sent a picture.

i've bought everything.

is the money that i gave you enough?

yeah, there's some extra so i'll give it to you on monday.

it's okay, keep it.
thank you for your help!
•read

- - ┈┈∘༒∘┈┈ - -

i watch bitterly as seonghwa gives seejin the merchandise along with a bouquet of flowers, followed by a quick but meaningful confession.

seejin's gaze is on the floor, before slowly trailing to me. i hitch a breath as we lock eyes; hers seem to ask for permission.

my heartbeat accelerates. my brain is screaming for me to shake my head in refusal, but the only motion i give is a slight nod to the head with a smile.

i ponder my action- is it the right thing? but then, as long as seonghwa is happy- especially with my help- it's enough to make me content.

╔ ——————————————— ╗
it's hard to face the truth

that you find happiness
in someone else
but don't you worry
because i'm as happy as you are

╚ ——————————————— ╝