song mingi

"are you ready?"

i give mingi a nod as he turn on the engine of the car.

exams are around the corner, and i have been studying hard- too hard, i would say. and apparently mingi is worried of my wellbeing, telling me to cut it off for tonight.

even so, i can't sleep. the numerous amount of caffeine inside my body are making me stay awake, even until now; when it's half past midnight.

and so, mingi decided to invite me for a midnight drive. just the two of us, and to wherever we want to go.

"are you sure this is okay?" i ask softly. mingi is not a night owl, he would sleep at half past ten at most, especially since he has class tomorrow too.

"don't worry, i only have an evening class for tomorrow." he assures, giving me a smile. "i also drank some black coffee- not the best taste i would say. how can you down that much everyday?"

"i guess you'll get used to it over time." both of us share a heartful laugh. smiling in content, i then look out of the window, eyes capturing the blurry lights that passed as the car speeds off along the road.

even so, the sight is still entrancing; how the city is illumated with colourful lights, lighting it up to a beautiful scenery.

"mingi," i call him softly. he hums in response.

"why did you do this?"

there is a pause for a while.

"i... actually have thought about asking you out lately- not like this, just any other date." i raise an eyebrow in silence, not expecting this response of his.

"but i know my girlfriend is one who takes her responsibilities seriously, so i dare not to interfere. i don't want to be the reason of your downfall, i want to be one of the supports you need in order to succeed. so i let you study all you want; but you've been overworking yourself, and i don't like that. so, here we are." he finishes, a loving smile plastered on his face.

a shade of pink spreads through my cheeks as i feel my eyes sting; mingi has been nothing but caring and thoughtful of me. his actions and words always find their way to my heart; i could feel nothing but gratefulness and love towards him.

taking his unoccupied hand, i intertwine our fingers, then look at him as he caresses his thumb on the back of my hand.

"thank you so much, min," i said, leaning sideway as i give him a kiss on the cheek.

"anything for you, love," he replies, glancing at me with a smile before focusing on the road once again.

"where do you want to go?" he asks, after a moment of comforting silence.

"i have no idea. do you?"

"let's go to the beach," he suggested.

the smile on my face widened, eyes then close as my mind begins to rewind.

"let's."

╔ ——————————————— ╗
and so at midnight, we
visited the beach; the first
witness of our love.

╚ ——————————————— ╝