36

While walking away from your mother, you held onto your belly while you took your time to walk back into the house. You felt some stares on your back but you didn't feel bad. You guessed a part of you was tired of your mother getting her way. Your dad, surprisingly, was able to better himself in his own way. 

She didn't seem to even be trying. 

You also guessed that you wanted to make your mom feel as bad as she's been making you feel all these years. Although, you knew it didn't make you the bigger person. You shrugged it off because it's yours and Gohan's big day to celebrate the soon-to-be birth of your child.

Now back into the house, everyone inside watched as you looked for a place to sit.

"(y/n)! You aren't sure where to sit?" Chichi asked.

"I'm not and my back is starting to bother me a little."

"Then let me go get Gohan to rub your back a little." She paused when she looked out the window.

"I see your parents are here. Are you okay with them here?"

"Gohan asked Piccolo to bring them here."

"Gohan did!?"

"Yeah. I think it's okay. He's right. My parents should try to participate in our family affairs as much as everyone else here." There was another paused. It looked like she was processing.

"You're right. They do have to at least try if they can show up. Looks like they're coming in now."

You turned to watch as Chichi moved the side. Gohan, Piccolo and your parents entered the room. Piccolo went to greet Bulma, Vegeta, and Trunks along with Chichi, Goku, and Goten. You were still looking for a place to sit.

"Honey." You said calling Gohan. "Yes, dear?"

"My back is starting to ache and I don't know where is a good place for me to sit to have enough support."

"Oh I'm sorry, I was...distracted." Bulma chimed in. "Here, sit on the chair I used when I was pregnant with Bula." Bulma and Gohan both helped as you slowly sat down on the chair. You immediately started to feel better. Gohan started rubbing your back.

"You see! Why can't you come to terms that right now everything is mainly about our daughter!?" You dad said to your mom. He was making a scene. Normally, when your parents would get like this, it used to make you feel horrible and embarrassed. This time, they're having a scene that needs to be had. Yeah, you're involved but it's indirectly this time. 

"I was just saying that we could have come here on our own!"

"When Gohan invited us, you were ready not to come! If Piccolo didn't come, would you have left the house today?!"

"I would have thought about it!"

"That isn't the same as leaving! You need to start thinking less of yourself and more about your pregnant daughter! You're going to be a grandmother soon!"

Your dad was really giving it to your mom today and he was doing it in a way and place where she had to think about things differently this time - in front of Gohan's friends and family.

You snuggled up in the seat and started to think about the food that Bulma's chefs were preparing.

"Bulma, is it okay to ask when the food might be done?"

"Please! Ask for anything you might need. I'll send the boys to check up on the food. If anything is ready now I'll have the boys bring something for you to start with."

"Thank you so much. I started feeling really hungry all of a sudden."

"Boys! Hurry up and see if any of the food is ready! (y/n) is starving over here!" The boys quickly got up and flew away towards the kitchen. It was nice to be catered to a little sometimes. Everyone else sat closer to the dining table while you and Gohan sat away from everyone.

Your mother still wasn't saying much. She looked like she was in a bad mood and for some reason, you still didn't care. She was finally feeling how she has made you feel for so long and you wanted to bask in it for as long as you could because knowing you, you'd start to feel bad about this soon enough. Especially if Gohan gave his two cents about it.

"I know what you're doing?" There it is.

"Hmm?"

"The whole thing with your mom. You want her to feel as bad as she's been making you feel. You really think doing it this way is the best way to go?" You only sighed. Heavily. You knew it wasn't the best but you wanted to enjoy it for what it was because this was probably going to be the only chance you get to experience something like this.

By the time the boys came back, there were a few chefs who started bringing in some appetizers. You were so excited as Gohan brought over to you a small plate with some food. You felt completely satisfied after taking that first bite. You've been wanting to feel this sensation for days now. After finishing your appetizer, you noticed your mom's appetizer was still on her plate. You sighed again and asked Gohan to help you up from the chair. You walked over to your mother and asked if you could speak with her in private. 

You took her over to the next room and tried to sit down on another nearby chair in order to be comfortable while speaking with her. You were struggling a little and she actually walked over to help you. It surprised you. She was being selfless. She didn't have the best expression on her face but, she was helping.

"Mom, I want to talk to you about our relationship."

"I know. I'm...sorry..."

"Wha?..."

"I've been impossible. Hearing your father speak to me the way he did, in front of everyone, it embarrassed me. I look like the mother that doesn't care about her pregnant daughter."

"But you are the mother who doesn't care about her pregnant daughter."

"...I didn't mean to be."

"....so...are you going to do anything about it?"

"...I think I want to now. I think I really want to try to be there for you...and my grandchild."

You didn't hesitate to say your next statement.

"Well...that's a start."