17

We all just finished building the snowman and we all took a moment to enjoy the view. You couldn't remember the last time the holidays felt like this with family. Things got pretty intense at home so you ended up being with friends around this time of year. It was great. You would open presents with their families and have dinner with their family. Your parents never stopped you anytime you didn't want to spend the holidays with them.

Sometimes, you wished they would.

As you were standing with Gohan's family, you heard his father shout at someone.

"Vegeta! You came!"

"We said we would come over."

"Oh right. I forgot." Goku said scratching the back of his head in slight embarrassment.

"They're Vegeta, Bulma, and Trunks. I've told you about them. You finally get to meet them." Gohan leaned over to whisper in your ear. Felt like he didn't want you to feel lost and left out.

"I'm glad I get to finally meet them." You responded with a smile.

"Hi, Bulma! Hi, Trunks! Hi, Vegeta! So happy you all could make it!"

"Of course, Chichi! We wouldn't miss it. I was thinking maybe next year we could host Christmas. That way you can just relax."

"That sounds nice!"

"Merry Christmas, Goten!" Trunks ran past everyone to Goten to give him his gift.

"Thank you, Trunks. Let me give you yours!" He said as he grabbed Trunk's hand and led him inside the house. Watching the boys go inside the house, Bulma noticed you.

"Why hello there. Whose this little cutey?" You blushed.

"This little cutey is my girlfriend."

"Oh! The girlfriend that Chichi has been telling me about! I'm so happy to meet you!" Bulma said as she walked over and held your hands in her. Something told you to look to her side and you watched as Goku was nudging Vegeta in your direction.

"Vegeta! Say hi!" Goku said in a loud whisper. Vegeta was simply letting himself get pushed while he still held onto the bags of gifts. You slowly let go of Bulma's hands and walked over the rest of the way to Vegeta.

"Hi, Mr. Vegeta. It's very nice to meet you and your family." He blushed slightly at how nice you were being.

"...likewise..." You smiled.

"Come! You have to meet Trunks properly!" Bulma said as she started walking inside the house with Chichi. Gohan extended his hand to lead you back inside. Of course, you couldn't resist as you slowly placed your hand in his and walked with him back to the house.

"Good job, Vegeta!" Goku said again in a high whisper.

"Stop it, Kakarot! I know how to speak!"

I know Vegeta but you looked so shy to talk to Gohan's girlfriend. They've been together for a long while now. You might see her more often. They might give me grandkids!"

"Grandkids!!?"

**

Everyone was back inside now and you were introduced to Trunks properly. He seems like a really tough kid. Bulma asked him to bring your gift and Chichi asked Goten to join Trunks in handing out the gifts. You actually started feeling excited about receiving gifts and giving gifts to everyone. Especially Gohan's parents and younger brother.

"Does everyone have their first gifts?" The boys asked in unison.

"First?" You asked out loud.

"Yeah! We have a bunch of gifts to open." Bulma replied. Gohan turned and smiled at you while sitting close to you on the floor. The boys were standing while Vegeta, Bulma, and Chichi were on the sofa and Goku decided to sit on one of the chairs backward so that he could rest his arms on the back of the chair.

You normally would get one gift for Christmas. You simply weren't used to getting more than one.

"Okay! Everyone open!" The boys announced while they rushed to open their gifts to each other. Gohan's gift was from his mom, a beautiful blue scarf. Goku was from Vegeta, weighted clothes. Chichi's was from Bulma, beautiful earrings and Bulma's was from Chichi, a beautiful hair clip in the shape of a peacock. They boys got toys from each other and your gift was from Gohan. You were always the type to try to open the gift without ripping the wrapping paper.

"Hurry up and open it so that we can get to the next round of presents!" Trunks shouted.

"Don't rush my brother's girlfriend, Trunks!" Goten replied and pushed him a little. You smiled as you finished unwrapping the gift. It was a wool oversized cardigan sweater that was a pastel yellow. He remembered how much you love sweaters like that.

"Thank you, Gohan!" You said to him as you turned to give him a peck on the cheek. He smiled seeing how much you loved it. The second round of gifts was passed around and then the third. This went on for a little while mainly because Bulma brought so many gifts for everyone. The boys continued to play with all their gifts now that everything is opened meanwhile Goku kept bothering Vegeta and Bulma and Chichi kept catching up on stuff.

"Hey, wanna go on a walk with me?"

"Sure, Gohan." You replied to him as you got up and walked over to pick up your coat and start putting it on. Gohan got up and followed suit.

"We'll be back everyone. We're gonna go get some fresh air."

"Okay!" Everyone said in unison. You thought it was so cute how everyone got along so well. That whole house just feels so warm.

Gohan opened the door for you and let your exit first while he followed and locked the door behind him. There was still a lot of snow on the ground so Gohan held your hand and walked slowly with you.

"How are you feeling? Goten told me you had a nightmare."

"Oh yeah. I did. It was very scary. I was shaken up a bit but the feeling faded as the day went by. I don't feel as shaken up by it."

"That's good. I'm sorry I wasn't there to comfort you."

"It's okay. You can comfort me now."

"I can comfort you now." He leaned over to give you a gentle kiss on the lips. When he slowly broke your kiss, you gazed into his eyes. You almost felt like you and him were in your own bubble together. Far away from everyone else.

"I wanted to give you your last gift."

"Another gift? You've already given me so much."

"I know but I think you'll like this one the best." He said pulling out a small Christmas wrapped gift with a silver bow on it."

"Okay." You chuckled. "If you say so." You took your time again to slowly unwrap the wrapping paper without ripping it too much. You also made sure that the bow stayed on the paper. When you unwrapped it, it was a pink velvet box. Usually, velvet boxes carried a special item inside. You quickly exchanged glances with Gohan with a taken aback expression. You tilted your head back down as you slowly opened the box.

An engagement ring in the shape of a heart.

He got on one knee in the snow.

"(y/n)...will you marry me?