Chapter 2

Hi guys, sorry for the wait. I am now experiencing the bliss school holidays. I hope you enjoy. I have dismissed plenty chores to finish this. Sorry if you manage to find mistakes...

~

Chapter 3

Lucy was now well and truly sleep deprived and now so was Lenny. He had sat up in bed all night listening to Lucy practise her guitar down the hall, in the living room. Her soft voice whispering unladylike curses which if she knew he was listening she would have begged him to forgive her. She wasn’t the only one cursing, in fact, the neighbours were swearing as well, obviously also unable to sleep. As Lenny dragged himself about the apartment, he halted at the sight of Lucy asleep on the couch with the guitar sprawled over her. She was in a peculiar position and Lenny thought of trying to move her but he didn’t want to embarrass her of the state she was in.

Lenny waddled into the kitchen and poured himself some orange juice. Lucy’s guitar playing may have been incessant and at all hours but he could tell her improvement was better than he would have thought after teaching her as much as he had. He remembers thinking just how lovely her voice sounded before he was driven mad by it. Suddenly he worked up a thought: he shall call her, ‘Broken Record’.

Lenny knew she was ready to play gigs, she was never affected under pressure he found out the hard way; Lucy winning most his bets and was awarded with many of his belongings which would have been useful to have had. “Lucy!” He called from the kitchen bench. The living room and kitchen were joined together in an open room, with a massive panel glass window to the right of the living room. The couch was placed right in front of the bench, it was noticeably bad quality but without some form of comfortable seating areas Lenny would have felt out of place, so in a hurry he bought the cheapest couch he could find. He heard a thump and looked over the bench to see Lucy sprawled out on the floor, the guitar still on the couch replacing her.

Lucy began to sit up, “Lenny? Oh gosh, I was playing guitar all night last night. What time is it?” She asked, rubbing her eyes. “Oh believe me when I tell you everyone knows you were playing guitar last night. It is 7 am and I must tell you I think you are ready to play some gigs. It isn’t perfect but nothing is perfect and I believe the experience could be invaluable to you.” Lenny finished. Lucy groggy with sleep was as happy as she could possibly be. “Really? That is so exciting, I can’t wait! Just imagine the applause and praise. I would be living the dream.”

“Lucy this is a low-key bar down the road filled with undoubtedly drunk old men, not the X-Factor.” Lenny reassured, Lucy glared at him, had it been any other time of the day she would have been more lenient.

“Let me dream Lenny.”

Lenny had no idea just how excited Lucy was. Lucy had never really thought of her future plans before and neither was she a morning person. How things might change now… Someone might walk past and hear her talent and then request she come and talk to their agent. Sure it would be a very rare situation but nothing is impossible.

Therefore, she had a chance. She wouldn’t turn out completely reliant of her husband. Her mother was meant to pick a boy when she came across one, from our wealthy family she had many contacts in which she could call. Lucy had always thought her intelligence and financial income didn’t matter for she was going to end up with a wealthy enough man to support the two of them anyway.