Prologue (Esme's POV)

Esme  

                I was scanning though the web about the new trends in interior designing when Alice darted inside the room.

                “Where’s Bella?”  she asked. Her face was expressionless. My instincts told me she saw something.

                “She’s up north hunting with Reeneesme and Jacob.” I answered. “What’s wrong, Alice?”

                Her face turned into a worried expression. Her eyebrows were pulled together. Her lips were in a tight line. She’s trying hard to concentrate.

                “Edward! Jasper!” she called. She’s still staring intently at the floor.

                After two seconds or less, my two sons came. Jasper looked at Alice with a confused face. Edward knew already what was going on. He looked at Alice with furious eyes.

                “Edward, you should head first. I’ll call Emmett if it’s needed and keep tabs on things.”

                “Don’t call him. No need. It’s not that dangerous. I’ll take Esme and Jasper with me.” Edward instructed.

                Questions formed inside my mind. Is it a new visitor? Why would Edward and Alice worry?

                “Yes.” Edward answered before I could say my question. “We only have five minutes before it reaches Bella and Reneesme. We need to pacify Jacob. He might cause a ruckus.”

                We quickly headed north to where the three hunted.

                “Alice is right behind us. According to her it’s not really going to cause a commotion. We just have to be careful.” Edward said thoughtfully as we ran though the woods.

                “Can you tell us what we are about to encounter, Edward? We all can’t read minds.” Jasper said I was right behind the two. I could feel the frustration in his tone.

                “I’m sorry. I was just too occupied trying to hear the two.” Edward replied. “What Alice saw, she isn’t really sure yet if it’s a vampire or another creature. We are still yet to verify.” His voice was still thoughtful.

                “Alice is still monitoring things. What she saw was kind of a blur due to Jacob and Reneesme. Luckily she could still make up what ‘kind’ of will happen.” Edward continued. “It looks like an immortal child to her, though she doesn’t want to jump into conclusions. She couldn’t see it clearly but definitely it’s not human.”

                I tried to make-out of the visitor. I’ve never seen an immortal child before. Though I’ve heard of them, I’ve never seen one in my existence.

                “We’re close.” Edward said.

                “Bella! Jacob!” Jasper called.

                “Jasper?” Bella called out. “We’re over here.”

                We went swiftly to where Bella’s voice came.

                “Bella…” Edward sighed in relief.

                Bella looked at Edward with confusion in her face. “What’s the matter? Why are you all here?” she asked.