8. silver and blue

"Whoa kiddo, what's going on?" Patton squeaked.
"I need a fith model. Or outfit."
"I'm flattered. But.. what would I wear?"
"A dress if I have anything to do with it. Okay I have your measurements. Go pick some colours, a style and shoes."
He does as I say without argument. He always loved choosing these things.
Soon logan walked back over looking satisfied. "I'm happy with it all, and impressed with how fast you've done it all."
"Thank you."
He walked out of the studio as patton came back.
"Was that logan?" He asked with a sad look.
I simply nod taking his choices into account. I make a slight laughing sound when I see the style of dress chosen. An open side mermaid dress with lace shoulders. The colour scheme is blue and silver. He also chose round toe pumps (also blue with sliver buterflies) that had a slightly thicker heel than normal.
"How very Cinderella of you pattern are you trying to impresse a curtain know it all called logan?"
He didn't need to answer by the look on his face. Also silence speaks for itself. Well looks like I have my work cut out for me. I take the measurements needed and send him away to find logan or get back to wait he was doing before.

"Virgil? You coming? We're about to close the fassion dept."
I nod and put down the last bit of lace for patterns dress.
"Wow, I'm sure they'll love their new dresses. And what are you going to wear?"
"Clothes, Dee, clothes."
"Shame, I was hopeful then. Still I think you will be the talk of the town after this. You may even get into a university for fassion and design. And if you don't I'll bitch till you do."
We look at each other for a second and burst into laughter.
"And they say I'm weird."
"Because you are. Kitten."
His last remark shook me slightly. He's never called me that before, and as far as I'm aware he doesn't know about my 'ability' to shift into a cat.. could just be a weird nickname. But I'll have to be careful around him now...

Time skip

Morning rolls around and I'm met by a small kitten with black lines in a square around the eyes.
"Pattern?"
I receive a mew. Now I know why he didn't freak out. He's a neko too.
Remembering that Roman was in the bed next to me I elbow him in the spine and wait for him to finish having a heart attack.
"What was that for?"
I hold the kitten out for him to see. But I doesn't click. He just looks puzzled.
Sighing I just say 'pops'. The kitten mews again and paws my hand.
I mentally count down from five.
I say zero out loud and the look on his face changes from confused to shock. "Pattern?" Another mew.
That makes three. Mabey logan is one too? Who knows?

Getting out of bed I find the bowl and fill it with water, placing it on the ground for pattern and walk back to roman. Looking into his brown eyes fills me with a fuzzy warmth in my tummy. Smiling I lay my head on his chest and listen to his heart. Ba-dump Ba-dump ba.

"Wait? Who's going to cook breakfast?" I shrug. All I can do is make burnt toast. Mostly because I like it burnt, but also because I burn everything.
"Pattern was." I hear logan say. My eyes widen as I remember patterns current... issue. He's a cat. Roman must have had the same thought. As he said, "I'll distract him you get him safe and away." Nodding in agreement I bend down to pick up pattern, but he runs after logan mewing all the way.

Logan hears the mewing and looks for the source of the noise. Spotting the kitten, he pick it up and inspects him thoroughly and after a few seconds states matter of factly "Pattern? Not again. Clearly I'm due a change soon too."
Leaving me and roman frozen in our current position of hugging one another with gaping mouths.