[29] - Baratie Arc ~ 11

🏴‍☠️️Ch. 29: The Conclusion of this Battle! Blind Determination or The Willpower to Live!🏴️️

Even though he's been battered and burnt, Luffy smirks proudly as he has, yet again, managed to get past another one of Krieg's cheap shot weapons.

"You ready for this?" The rubber boy taunts. "Because that was all I needed. Now that your little toy's broken, you're nothing to me."

Krieg's eyebrow twitches slightly. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Without the blade, it's just a bomb-on-a-stick. And let's face it, that's pretty lame."

"You think so?" Krieg questions.

"Sure do." Luffy replies.

Now, Krieg's got a smug look on his face. "Fine. So, what if it is just a bomb-on-a-stick. You're in sad shape, kiddo. I think it'll be more than enough to blow you to pieces. Y'know, it sounds to me like this is some sort of pathetic attempt at a bluff."

"Okay, but you're wrong?" Luffy cracks back.

"Just give up. Your defeat is imminent." Krieg lifts up what's left of his Battle Spear. "You see when you defied me, you signed your own death warrant!"

"Nuh-uh." Luffy childishly sticks out his tongue at the Pirate Commodore causing me to giggle at his childish nature.

Krieg charges at Luffy and is about to bring down the broken Battle Spear onto the rubber boy, but miraculously, even heavily wounded, Luffy finds the energy to stretch his arms to grab the yard of a broken mast.

"Hey, up here!" Luffy mocks Krieg while swinging above him.

Krieg doesn't take kindly to being mocked and brings his weapon down upon the base of the mast causing it to fall.

💥I forget how much of a riot this kid is.💥 Trigger laughs as Luffy mocks Krieg further by swinging around and hooting like a real monkey as the mast falls.

"'Riot' doesn't even begin to cover what Luffy is." I smile.

The portion of the yard Luffy is clinging to breaks off, but the rubber captain has a better idea how to use it. He hurls the yard piece at Krieg, but the cheating pirate has another trick up his sleeve: A flamethrower attached at the wrist!

"How many weapons does that guy have?!" Sanji and I exclaim.

Krieg's flamethrower burns the incoming projectile into ashes.

Though Luffy's idea didn't have the results he wanted he still keeps on fighting. "Now . . .GUM-GUM GATLING!!" The multitude of punches strike Krieg's armor blow for blow, but none do any damage and leave Krieg unharmed.

Krieg laughs at Luffy's failed attempts and continues to mock him. "Weakling! What exactly did you expect to happen, boy? I'm wearing wootz-steel body armor. This stuff is practically indestructible."

Luffy rushes forward with a Gum-Gum Pistol armed and ready, but like his last attack it doesn't cause any damage to Krieg's armor. Krieg sends Luffy flying back what's left of his weapon. As Luffy raises his head and stands back up, Krieg disappears then reappears atop a nearby mast.

"You don't stand a chance boy!" He shouts down. "Real power comes from deadly weapons. They're the source of true strength. See, only the strong are meant to live . . .And that's me!"

"I really want to sink this guy so bad." I grunt behind clenched teeth.

"Yeah, that's what you think!" Luffy exclaims as he dashes up the mast. "GUM-GUM. . ."