Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

            My dad went away from the party and talked to me in an office near the building from the Teller-Morrow business. Or at least that’s what I assumed that it was used the most for. The other guy who greeted me at the door, who’s name seemed to be Opie I believe, was with us. It was kind of a funny name, but it was still one that seemed to fit him, oddly enough, or at least how much I have seen of him.

            The two guys weren’t really talking to me, just to each other. They were deep in conversation with each other, almost panicking about the knowledge of me. I just sat in the corner on a chair, watching them. Opie got me a blanket from somewhere in their clubhouse and gave it to me. It was a bit comforting, but I was still shivering and soaking wet. I was silent. I thought that it was better for them to get the idea of me through their heads and talk about it before turning their attention to me. I knew that they would when they were ready. They couldn’t just ignore me or pretend I didn’t come. I was too big of news for them.

            So, I just stood there, shivering, watching them. They tried to be quiet so that I wouldn’t overhear and I couldn’t hear all of it. Every once in a while they would look back at me and take a quick glance before looking back at each other.

            It was about fifteen minutes before they were quieter, not as panicky and they looked at each other before turning to look at me. I had kind of stopped shivering by now though I wasn’t still. Jax noticed and he moved to turn on the heat, mumbling an apology. Of course, I didn’t feel the heat right away, so I shrugged it off. At least I wasn’t in the rain anymore.

            Jax leaned against the table while Opie behind him leaned against the wall, both watching me. Jax sighed and asked, “first, Sidney, I want you to know that your mother never told me about you…please believe me that if I did I would have helped your mother raise you.”

            I nodded and he ran a hand through his hair before he said, “Second, where did you come from. It looks like you came along way. Do I need to call Anna? If I remember her right she will be worried about you.”

            Shaking my head I said, “I don’t like with my mom. She gave me up for adoption as a baby. She never really had any legal right of me. I ran away from my foster parents.”

            Both men were silent and frozen after that for about half a minute before Jax sighed and said, “then who exactly should I call?”

            I shook my head, “No one. They won’t notice me gone.”

            “Sidney I have to call someone. This is going to go bad if I don’t. Police will get involved,” Jax told me.

            “No really, there are six other kids in the house. The parents leave all weekend to do something,” I told him.

            He gave me a weird look, “six kids?”

            “And the bitch always takes the key to the fridge and cupboards before we leave so that we don’t over eat and cost her more money,” I commented to him.

            Opie leaned foreward before asking, “shit like that can happen?”

            I nodded, “they just wanted another babysitter for the younger kids and to take the money that the government gives them for us.”

            Jax looked at me and asked, “all weekend? When was the last time that you ate then?”

            “Friday night,” I answered,