Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

It was a while before I heard a vehicle pull up in front of the house. I was in the kitchen, waiting for Allison to come. I would have done it at my desk, but I still had some boxes on it from moving that I didn't have a place for yet. Besides, I wanted to be able to hear people coming up to the house, then I would know that Allison was here.

I heard a car door shut and I knew it was her. I shut my binder before putting my pencil on it when I hear a knock at the door. Tara and Jax got up from the living room couches, dressed in their better clothes for the meeting. I still wore the clothes that I went to school in. They had some cool down time to prepare themselves for what they would hear from Allison after putting Abel and Thomas to bed.

I moved towards the door behind them as they opened it. I moved on my tip toes to try and see Allison over their shoulders.

The Latina mother was in a turquoise long sleeved shirt and normal jeans, her hair in natural waves. She looked nervous, yet there was still a little bit of excitement peaking from her eyes. She was holding her purse close to her chest, hoping that she wasn't going to intrude, even though it was a planned visit. She looked between the two and Jax was the first to respond to her.

"You must be Allison Fernandez."

The woman smiled and she nodded. She told him, "yes, you must be Jax and Tara Teller, Sidney's parents."

Jax nodded and then I moved closer. Tara and Jax noticed that I was now trying to get through and they moved out of the way, giving me a partition so that I could see my old foster mom, the woman who was going to adopt me how many years ago. I looked at her as I came up to her, making my observations quick so that it wouldn't be too awkward. She looked older. She had more wrinkles on her face, her lips seemed a bit thinner, but she was still that Allison that I knew. She wore a slightly fitted dark purple dress. She looked at me and looked as though she was almost startled. After a moment, I knew that I couldn't hold myself back. A large smile came to my face, my cheeks almost hurting as I jumped to her. She immediately opened her arms and folded them around me when I hugged her tightly. Her arms were soft and tight, protective but kind. She moved to kiss the side of my head before she moved me back. I looked up at her and she moved to cup my cheeks in her hand. I smiled up at her brightly and she looked down at me. She looked me over a couple of times before she said, "you have gotten so big! Look how you grew!"

I smiled and moved to hug her again, a smile never leaving my face. She hugged me back until I finally let her go. She moved to lean up a bit, her hand still at my back before she looked at Jax and let go of me so that she could shake hands with him and Tara. She gave them a wide smile before Tara said, "well, why don't you come inside? Angelina should be here soon so we can get started."

Allison nodded and I moved to go inside and she followed me. I looked over my shoulder and saw her take off her shoes before she stood up again. Jax shut the door behind her before Tara asked, "can I get you anything? I was making some coffee."

Allison nodded and shrugged, "uh...coffee sounds good." She gave Tara a smile. Tara nodded and moved to the kitchen. Jax turned to look at her and he told her, "come sit."

Allison nodded and all three of us moved to the living room, some of Abel's toys still around. As I sat down, I watched Allison look at the pictures around the room of Abel and Thomas as well as Jax and Tara. She slowly sat down and looked around, seeing the toys. Tara came back into the room with two cups of coffee and gave one to Allison after she sat on one of the chairs. I sat down at the edge of the couch, Tara going to the other couch to sit beside Jax. Allison gave her a smile and thanked her before taking a sip. She asked the two, "you have other children?"