▪6▪

DAY 12
B.E.A.R LABORATORIES
LEVEL 5

No one really goes down to Level 5. It's actually an entire floor dedicated to the Tekula Project. It has a swimming pool, a track, and a weight room for him to use so we can test his strength and athleticism. That is, if we can get him to cooperate. I still have a hard time believing I am working on a classified project involving a real life werewolf. That, and said werewolf only speaks to me. Me of all people. I have decided to make notes of my interactions with the Project. This way I can catalog my findings and review past experiences.

"So, he has been here for a year, you said?" I ask Dr. Anderson as we make our way to his cell.

"Yes, 386 days, to be precise."

I nod my head. "And his tattoos, those aren't really tattoos, right?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No, like we discussed earlier, when your test results came back from the two skin samples, we were able to recognize them as something similar to birth marks--areas of concentrated melanin."

"I see, that is why Dr. Lansburry was so startled by my findings," I say as I open the door.

"Good luck, Ms. Odair," he says before closing the door.

I make my way over to the curtain and start to pull it back. This time, Theseus is sitting with his back against the glass, a solemn look on his face. Once he sees me, he jumps up and smiles widely at me. His startling appearance never ceases to surprise me. His long hair and beard are a mess, as per usual, but he still has this handsome look about his features.

I return to my seat and turn on the speakers. "Good morning, Theseus. I told you I would be back soon," I say with a smile. In all honesty, I was looking forward to this interview as well.

"Vee," he smiles back. He sits cross-legged on the ground with his knees touching the glass. He seems excited almost.

"So, today I am going to ask you some questions. You just answer as best you can, okay?" I say, holding the list of questions in my hands. He nods enthusiastically. I start the first entry in my notes: The project shows no signs of apprehension, contrary to past experiences with the other interviewers.

"Alright, number one: what are you?"

He looks down for a moment before meeting my gaze. "L-ly...ly-can. Lycan."

"Lycan, as in lycanthrope?" I ask, making note of his response on my notepad: The Project knows what he is. He nods his head again, seemingly proud of himself. The Project sees speaking as an accomplishment.

"Okay...next. Are there others like you?" I say slowly, to be sure he understands. He simply shrugs his shoulders unconcernedly.

"Can you be more specific?" I ask, leaning forwards slightly.

He shakes his head. Maybe he thinks he is the only one? Is he? I add a new entry to the notebook: Project may be unsure of his origins.

"Okay, moving on. How old are you?" This is a question I have been excited to ask. Due to testing done before my arrival, we were able to figure out that he seemingly doesn't age. His bone marrow is continuing to make red blood cells just like any young person, but he isn't slowing down. At all.

"W-what...y-y--" he trails off, shaking his head.

"We have plenty of time. Just go as slow as you need," I say, crossing my ankles underneath my chair.

"W-what y-year?" He says. His face holds a look of sadness.

"What year is it?"

He nods.