Chapter Twenty-Three

Eli, Taylor, Gabriel and I had been painting Kennedy's bedroom all day, the room was practically finished when I decided to make everyone lunch. We had taken two days to finish it, the rest of the house was already decorated.

Kennedy had also taken part in helping decorate, she had been messing around with Gabriel for hours until he decided to pour pink paint over our heads which took hours to remove, his action caused Kennedy to giggle, while I screamed and chased after him.

Eli didn't help the situation when he dipped his hands into a paint pot, purposely grabbing Taylor on the ass, pink handprints ruining her jeans.

We found ourselves in the paint shop, having to spend more money on paint since it had been wasted on us rather than the bedroom walls.

We had even moved in all our belongings over the past two weeks, the first week I was going through heat. The process after mating, where your body goes into overdrive, only the touch of your mate able to cool you down. Heat was there to help continue blood lines; the Moon Goddess had imposed heat on newly mated couples.

We were now in the kitchen; I had ordered a pizza since we had more decorating to do. Kennedy was placed into her chair, shoving pizza into her mouth as she picked at another slice on her plate only eating the pepperoni slices.

Gabriel and Eli walked in; they had both showered since they needed to complete some pack paperwork in Gabriel's office. Leaving Taylor, Kennedy, and I to finish the painting.

I sat beside Taylor as Gabriel walked around the kitchen counter, placing a kiss on my lips only to hear a displeased sound come from Kennedy's mouth. "Ew." She whined as I pulled away from Gabriel to look at her.

Kennedy's little face was all scrunched up as everyone's attention landed on her. "Mommy, we don't kiss boys. They give you cooties." She whispered intently, her face continuing to scrunch up further, a full pout present.

We all laugh except for Gabriel who smirked before he turned slightly, making his way towards Kennedy, not giving her a chance to escape as he picked her up, her legs dangling in the air as he kissed all over her face. But not without his daughter whining and complaining that she now needs a doctor.

We laughed even more at her comment as Gabriel placed her back down and she began rubbing her hands down her face, trying to remove the cooties Gabriel had given her.

Eli and Gabriel grabbed two pizza boxes, taking them upstairs with them as Taylor and I finished the decorating. By the time we had finished, it was late, and Taylor left with Eli to go home while Gabriel stayed in his office.

I put Kennedy into bed before walking down the hallway towards Gabriel's office. Peaking my head in, to see him examining paperwork, his hands typing furiously against his keyboard as he looked up from his laptop.

"I'm just going to go for a run, to let my wolf out for an hour or so. She's desperate." I said and he replied with a nod, adding. "That's fine, stay away from the pack borders, keep well within pack territory. I have eight wolves patrolling the borders tonight, if you need anything just mind link me."

I smiled at my mate, he had been stressing a lot about pack issues and paperwork he needed to complete. Along with the threat we had received from the young rogue, who had entered our territory months ago.

Gabriel didn't see it as much of a threat, but he had upped border patrols to be on the safe side along. He felt confident enough to allow me to run the territory without being assigned a pack wolf to accompany me for protection.

"I will, I won't be too long. I feel pretty tired after all the decorating we had to do; I'll be gone an hour at most." I confirmed.

I left Gabriel to finish off his paperwork, leaving him in his office.

I ran to the edge of the woods, keeping within the boundaries of the territory, miles away from the pack border.

I had shifted and ran towards the south side of our territory, passing other pack wolves who had decided to go for a run, our wolves needing to be let free.

I had just begun to put on the clothes I had left behind a tree, when a familiar scent caught my attention, my head instantly turning to the side to find Olivia leaning against a tree, her body language defensive and aggressive.

"Ever since you and your mutt arrived, Gabriel wants nothing to do with me." She sneered, a fierce growl emitting from her throat.

I scrunched my face up, my own hostile growl leaving my mouth at her insulting words. "Gabriel is my mate, and that 'mutt' you're talking about is our daughter. Gabriel doesn't want you Olivia, and he never has."

"He wanted me before you came along and ruined it, I should have claimed him when I had the chance."

My eyes turned black, my wolf wanting control, to dominate the situation as well as Olivia. "You need to move on and stop clinging to a relationship which isn't compatible. You need to stop being a clingy attention whore who's not wanted. You were not born to be an Alpha's mate and you need to stop deluding yourself with that thought."

She took in a deep breath, her chest rising and falling harshly at my reply. "You're a bitch!" She spat venomously, her body shaking from anger as she shifted into her light brown wolf and lunging at me.

I quickly dodged her, moving to the side as she missed her aim. I shifted into my own wolf, giving her full control as Olivia and I began to slowly circle one another, snarling and baring our teeth in warning.

She snapped at me, attempting to grab my neck within her teeth but once again, I side stepped her but not without smashing my body into her side with force, throwing her roughly against a tree. I caught her hind leg, biting down and viciously yanked on it until I heard a loud snap. It made my blood thirst lessen, but my wolf was still begging for more blood, to kill Olivia.

Olivia let out a loud whine, whimpers leaving her mouth as she tried to stand up, only to fall back down on her side. She then tried again, pulling herself up as I watched her fertile attempt at trying to ram her body into mine. Yet she was too weak from her broken ribs and snapped leg that she couldn't gain her balance.

When she tried the second time, I moved to the left and bit down on her other leg until I heard another crack echo through the serenity of the woods.

The sound of my name had my ears peaking up, turning to the side to find Gabriel rushing towards me, five wolves emerging behind from the trees with him. I watched as he began stalking towards us, a dangerous look looming in his eyes.

He looked enraged and pissed. The thought of contacting him through our mind link never occurred to me since my wolf and I didn't see Olivia as a threat, and my wolf didn't want Gabriel to take away her prey.

Because I had turned away, my attention solely focussed on Gabriel, I never realised that Olivia had managed to get back onto her paws, it was when a rush of wind hit me that I realised that Olivia had lunged straight for my exposed throat.