What's my name?- Chapter 1

What was my name? I couldn’t remember and my head hurt, I began to pull myself upright.

“Now honey, you have had a nasty injury you need to relax and make sure you stay in bed?”

I stared up at the man above me, who was he?

 I didn’t know. 

“Darling, don’t worry I know you don’t know who I am, but I am your father Michael Von Price” the big man said soothingly, I stared at his moustache it really was very hideous. There were crumbs all in it, little tiny bread crumbs. Eeuurrgghh how horrible!!

Liam! The name sprang into my head. I stared blankly around the room, almost as if the room might be hiding a Liam. I wonder who Liam was; I shall have to ask my father.

The big man began to talk once more.

“Your name is Amelia Von Price, you are 16 years old. Your mother died many years ago, you have lived with me in London all your life. I run Rise enterprises, a TV company. Your best friend is…” At this he paused, like he didn’t know what to say. I helpfully said, “My best friend was Gabrielle” He stared at me and looked shocked and then he ran out of the room.

I heard them talking as I lay in the bed. My father hissing at the doctor “You … said… remember… nothing”

When he walked back in, I looked up at him and asked him “What were you doing out there? I only heard parts of the conversation?”

He sighed “Well honey, it was… nothing I just needed to check something the… doctors had told me… because it seemed to have changed”

“Can I have a mirror please, dad” I asked

“Yes of course, but why?”

“I have absolutely no idea what I look like, I want to know”

He walked out; I lay back into the bed. It looked like I was in some sort of hospital. Everything was bare and had no personality. The walls were a plain white and there was little furniture about. No ornaments or pictures were around as far as I could see. The view, however from the window was amazing. The sea was stormy and there were clouds moving along the horizon.

My father walked back in, and handed me little silver mirror, it was obviously an antique, the silver backing looked beautiful and little cherubs held up the sides of the mirror. I took a deep breath in and counted to ten, and then I looked in the mirror.

A stranger gazed back at me, her eyes were a pale blue and she had long curly black hair. I touched my face and the person in the mirror did the same. I raised my eyebrows, she did the same. I smiled, little pearls showed in the mirror. Her (Sorry my) nose was straight, her teeth were even and clean, even her (oops, my) skin was perfect not a blemish or pimple in sight. I stared in the mirror a little longer.  Then I asked the question that had been bugging me ever since I woke up.

“What happened to me? Why aren't there any scars or anything?”

My father looked uncomfortable, he sat back in the lime-green chair and sighed, “Well, Amelia we don’t actually know you see? We were hoping you might be able to remember, so you can tell us”

“Well, I’m sorry but I don’t remember anything but what has happened in the last 10 minutes which is basically what you have told me since I woke up” I was beginning to get frustrated.

“Calm down honey, you don’t want to rip out your stitches” my father whispered soothingly

This stopped me, “What stitches?”

“Well, when we found you, you had bruising all down the left side of your body and, your head had been split open, your right arm was broken and you had cut your leg open, so the doctors had to induce a coma so you could rest and heal quickly, but the stitches in your leg just won’t heal so you have to stay still so they can close up”

“But why how did I get stitches, surely the hospital can determine what substances are in my blood and so therefore they can determine what I may have done to cause myself to get stitches ?” I liked the sound of this; the words just flowed out naturally. I wasn’t quite sure what I was actually saying and I certainly didn’t understand any of it but still… I liked sounding smart.

“That’s my girl, you’re sounding much more like your old self” He then did a very daddish motion, he ruffled my hair.

“Dad, don’t touch my hair!” I moaned, sounding like a real girl.

“Anyway honey, I had better go, it’s getting dark and I want to return home before it is too late.” He glanced outside the window, “See you tomorrow kiddo” He ruffled my hair again.

“Wait a minute dad, before you go I need to ask, where am I?” I looked out of the window again at the big city skyline with gleaming towers glinting with the light of the sun as it began to set.

“We are in London, your birthplace” He looked out of the window too and then walked towards it and shut the curtains, “You need to get your sleep Amy, we hope to try and regain some of your memory tomorrow, so big day.” He walked out of the room and shut the door quietly.

I shut my eyes and began to think about what had happened. I wonder what I was like in my old life. Was I nice? Was I nasty? Was I a clever student? Did I have a lot of friends? What was my mother like?

I rolled over and winced, as I felt the pain of all the bruising hit me. I groaned in pain and looked for a button to hit where something would pump morphine into my blood, meaning I could at least get a good night sleep.

“Ssshhh don’t move Lia (She pronounced it L-e-a), we are here to rescue you, Liam and me, Gabrielle” The female voice told me chirpily.

“Wait… what? Isn’t this kidnapping?” I sat up, only slightly disorientated. WTF!!!! I was moving, I looked behind me, there was a tall dark haired boy pushing the bed moodily. I didn’t think you could push beds, moodily. He nodded at me and resumed his pushing of the bed.

“So your Gabrielle and Liam?” the names suddenly clicked, I turned to the girl “Your supposed to be my best friend” I turned to the boy excitedly “And your name was the first one I actually remembered once I woke up” I grinned excitedly

“Wait… wait a minute what do you mean remembered?” Liam asked in his deep man voice as he stopped pushing the bed.

“Liam hurry up, we need to get her out of here” Gabrielle hissed

“Well, when I woke up from wherever I have been I couldn’t remember anything, and then my father…”

At this Gabrielle and Liam exchanged worried glances.

“What…tell me? What is up with my father?”

“Well… honey,” Gabrielle took my hand “you hate him, you haven’t spoken to him for about 3 years. When you ran away, you can to live with me and Liam and we have looked after each other ever since”