Unspoken Words Hide Unspoken Love

When you fall in love with someone you want to do nothing but shout their name at the top of your lungs, without a care in the world of who hears you, but with all the world, cares how that special person might hear.

     Whenever I see my special someone, I always want to scream out his name as I run into his arms but always hold myself back for fear of being rejected. The possiblity that he will reject me glues me to where I stand, and it's slowly killing me. I can't stand not being strong enough, brave enough to tell him how I feel. But it would kill me if I got denied. So I just sit in silence, swallowing the words I'm so desperate to say, letting them suffocate me in a pool of self pity.

    But with each passing second I die a little more, while that beautifully cruel smile of his continues to outshine all others and teases my temptations. Those blue eyes steal the little breath that I have left, pulling me deeper and deeper into the depths of his ocean where no one but him can hear my desperate cries.

    And sometimes just sometimes, I feel someone's gaze following my every hopeless motion. A soft but unsettling gaze that carves itself into every edge, slope and curve of my body and eventually finds it's way to my eyes. Those blue sapphires lock and dance with my blackened diamonds for a fleeting moment, only to slip through my hands following his every move still in a daze.

If only his eyes didn't have to pull me in...if only his lips could stop seducing me...if only I wasn't so weak, so vulnerable to him...if I wasn't so afraid I could finally say these unspoken words that hide this unspoken love.