The Red Sea

It was cold all around me. Cruel waves crushed me time and time again. My vision was blurry and my eyes were glazed over with an empty, lifeless look, an abyss with no end. The only light in this dark forsaken place was slowly dying, and completely out of reach...or so I thought.

From the light, a hand reached out to me, followed by a body that held me against his as he breathed me back to life. His warm hands, warmed my cold skin, his gentle eyes set mine a light, his kind loving words thawed my frozen heart. For once, I felt truly loved.

He nursed me back to health, and even confessed his love to me. As flattered as I was, I didn't want to take things too fast and lose the chance of a lifetime. I confused my feelings of gratitude for love, and said I loved him back. However, it was an unknown fact to me that when I gave an inch, he'd take a mile.

He spread the word that we were lovers and acted on his word as well. I was intimidated and also suspicious of the things he was doing. Afraid that he'd do something I'd regret, I stopped him in his tracks. The relief that I felt from clearing up the misunderstanding was clearly not shared. He immediately ran off with another girl, leaving me to fend for myself.

He had been using me all along, and I was just too blind to see it. For he still took me for a fool and used me like a tool I'm his new relationship. I had never felt so confused, so sad, so heartbroken, so enraged, so-so,...so betrayed.

My heart had gone black. I built an endless amount of walls so no one could reach me again. With each player who came, my victory always followed. I built a reputation for myself, and earned myself a trident.

My raging emotions were at war inside. Raging seas and monster waves crashed upon my shores. Any sailor who dared to sail would surely be sink in my sea. Any who challenged me would spill their colors and drown in my watery depths. Those who had hurt me would soon learn to cower at my feet.

For I am the Queen of my Red Sea.