Going Home

A big party happened between the two ships that night. And much to Lucy's surprise many things got broken. Natsu got into a fight with Grey, which was then settled by Erza (the welts on their heads looked painful). Drinks and food flew around the ships with excitement. Lucy found herself laughing and going along with the chaos that was Fairy Tail. The tension in her heat released enough for her to enjoy the moment she was in, and the family that brought her in. Though the sadness and fear still loomed above her. But with a family by her side it seemed manageable.

Lucy woke to find Happy in his usual position snuggled in her side. One of Natsu's legs was on the bed, as it looked like he fell out of bed and dragged the single blanket with him. Loud snores erupted from his chest. Lucy detached herself from Happy, who seemed to follow the sounds of snoring and land on Natsu's chest. The two cuddled on the floor, Natsu wrapping his arms around Happy and holding him close.

Lucy smiled at the brothers and departed from the office and saw that the rest of the ship was a buzz. It seemed that everyone but Natsu was up and about. She made her way up to the stern to find Erza giving the orders and steering the ship. She smiled brightly at her. "Good morning Lucy!" She set the course and took Lucy to join her at the railing of the boat.

"Good morning Erza," Lucy greeted back. "Why is everyone so excited?" She asked looking around at the rushed sailors that rushed about. Erza chuckled and stood stoic, hands on her hips.

"We are heading back to the guild hall." She stated. Behind the ship Lucy noticed that the Shadow Gear was trailing quite close. Erza pointed abruptly in the direction they were heading, an odd twinkle in her eye. "We should be there soon, we are sticking quite close to the coast line for now." Her outstretched arm swung to the rocky horizon that Lucy hadn't noticed. There just on the edge she could tell were green and grey rocks that rose out of the sea water.

"Erza if you don't mind me asking..." Lucy trailed off, hoping to distract the beautiful woman. "Why aren't you the captain? I mean you seem to have a... more powerful presence." Lucy didn't want to seem mean to Natsu, but Erza seemed to be a more... captain material.

Erza chuckled her face seeming to return to normal. "Sometimes I am." She admitted, confusing Lucy even more. With a heartier laugh Erza explained. "Everyone in Fairy Tail has the ability to Captain a ship, and bring along guild mates to make up the crew. Everyone has their own connections, their own friends, missions, and goals. So we follow those who drive our spirit. For the last while that's been Natsu. But there are things where I take charge. It's not a matter of rank or power, but drive." The smile on Erza's face was proud. She wasn't ashamed to be under Natsu's command, she looked up to his enthusiasm and spirit. "Natsu has a way of getting things done his way, he as an insatiable drive. I believe it is Natsu that embodies the soul of Fairy Tail." Lucy stared at Erza in wonder. The tall red haired women was wise beyond her years, warm hearted, and caring. It wasn't long after until sleepy Natsu and Happy joined them. Happy was draped across Natsu's head and shoulders snoring softly.

Erza updated Natsu on their course letting him know that they should make it to the guild by late afternoon. This perked Natsu up right away, he passed sleepy Happy off to Lucy and bounced off to celebrate with the crew members.

The day passed with the crew in loud delight, when the harbour came up over the horizon loud cheers came from both ships. Lucy had spent most of the afternoon cleaning up the last of the ships paperwork. She came out just in time to see the crew leaning over one side of the ship waving and shouting at the docks they were coming up on.

Both ships docked with ease, people jumped out quickly pulling the ship in quickly. They unloaded both ships, the docks becoming weighted down from all of the crates. Once he ships were cleared out they were pulled into the bay, off the docks to be moored until they would be used again. Those that didn't go with the ship began loading the cargo onto carts to be taken up to the guild hall. Which Lucy could just make out over the edges of the cliffs.

The bay they pulled into was wide, allowing for many ships to sit floating off the docks. Rocks wrapped the bay like a wide embrace, keeping the guild safe. The rocks at the opening sunk deep into the water, but larger ships wouldn't be able to make it into the bay. The docks were limited in space, Lucy guessed that maybe six ships could pull into them at one time, which was why the ships moored in the open of the bay.

Natsu went to moor the ship, so Lucy waited with Happy on the docks as the carts worked their way up the hill towards the building. Levy sat beside him in the little row boat, Jet and another man beside her. Lucy waved at Natsu and his wide grin. Happy, super excited to be home, wiggled out of Lucy's arms and leaped towards the water to Natsu. The distance from the row boat and the dock was much further than the small boy should have been able to jump. About half way he would fall straight in the water. Lucy reached out panicked to catch Happy. She didn't notice the Natsu raise both arms, even though he wouldn't be there to catch Happy, or that no one else seemed concerned at all about the small boy jumping into very deep water. A cloud of magic surrounded Happy, it made a "Poof" sound, and suddenly the little boy with blue hair was gone, replaced by a small blue cat with wings.

Lucy reeled back shocked. Happy flew to Natsu and landed in his open arms. After a short embrace Happy grabbed the back of Natsu's vest and pulled him up into the air with ease. "Come on Lucy!" Natsu shouted his ever present grin on his face.