Chapter 7

30 minutes later I hear a knock on the door again. Hiro is back, I open the door tired and sad.

"This is for you, good luck, perhaps I'll see you again on campus"

He hands me a paper bag, it's cold to the touch.

"Uhm thanks"
I manage to say

"Goodnight Y/N"

"Goodnight"

I close the door behind me and sit on my bed. My stomach growls as I look at the bag. Reaching in I grasp something in a bag, I pull it up, its ground coffee. Next my hands wrap around a cold wrapped slab. I knew what it was, I stared at it long and hard.

"Grrrrrrp"

My stomach growls again

I put it down, I cant do it, i can't eat my own...

My eyes twitch and strain, red floods them. The huger took over. The slab of meat is gone within minutes. After scarfing down the flesh, my body starts to revert itself back to normal.

(Uta P.O.V)

I walk the dark streets alone, cars honking, cigarette smoke, arguing drunkards, it's a harsh life. I walk to my small apartment to buckle down for the night, when all of a sudden I spot my friend Hiro at my door.

"Hiro?"

"Ah Uta, your here finally"

He stands to greet me, we've known each other since high school, we knew we were both ghouls by then and made a pact to stay friends despite the harsh realities of the life we live.

"Come in Hiro, it's been too long!"
I open the door inviting him to the ghetto apartment complex

"I need to tell you something"
Hiro says between panting while following me to my apartment

We get to my door and I open it confidently, sealing us both inside for the night.

"Theres this girl Uta, shes like...like Kaneki"

I pause, my eyebrows furrow

"You dont say?"

"She goes to my college, I met her today, same situation as Kaneki, she got a transplanted ghoul organ"

"What are the odds"
I say letting out a small smile

"Crazy right?!"

Theres a long silence...

"Bring her to me"

" owo for what Uta"

"She will need a mask of course"

"Sureeeeeee...."

"Bring her tomorrow night if you can, would you like some coffee?"

"I best be going Uta, but thanks for the offer, I'll try to get her to come"

"Ok... her name?"

"Y/N"