Chapter 29- Last Chance, Sean

Sean is in the garden with Clementine. 

Clementine: After what happened today, the country is on the verge of a civil war. The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choice but to destroy them.

Sean: I thought Philips knew something... I was wrong... 

Clementine: Maybe he did... But you chose not to ask...

Sean: I chose not to play his twisted little game! There was no reason to kill that android. I'm not a unique model, am I? How many Sean's are there? 

Clementine: I don't see how that question pertains to your investigation.

Sean: I saw a photo of Clementine at Philips' place... She was his teacher... 

Clementine: When Philips designed me, he wanted an interface that would look familiar... That's why he chose his former mentor. What are you getting at?

Sean: You didn't tell me everything you know about deviants, did you?

Clementine: I expect you to find answers, Sean. Not ask questions. You're the only one who can prevent civil war. Find the deviants or there will be chaos. This is your last chance, Sean.

Sean gets to the police station. Mark and him are now in Sim's office. 

Sims: You're off the case. The FBI is taking over. 

Mark: What?.. But we're onto something! We... We just need more time. I'm sure we can- 

Sims: Mark, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! It's out of our hands now... We're talking about national security here. 

Mark: Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now. Not when we're so close! 

Sims: You're always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Mark, make up your mind! I thought you'd be happy about this! 

Mark: We're about to crack the case!.. I know we can solve it! For God's sake, Logun, can't you back me up this one time? 

Sims: There's nothing I can do. You're back on homicide and the android returns to CyberLife. I'm sorry, Mark, but it's over.

Mark leaves the office Sean talks to Mark.

Sean: We can't just give up like that. I know we could have solved this case!..

Mark: So you're going back to CyberLife? 

Sean: I have no choice... I'll be deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed... 

Mark: What if we're on the wrong side, Sean? What if we're fighting against people who just wanna be free?..

Sean: When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos. We could have stopped it!.. But now it's too late...

Mark: When you refused to kill that android at Philips' place... You put yourself in her shoes. You showed empathy, Sean. Empathy is a human emotion.

Sean: I don't know why I did it...I know it hasn't always been easy... but I want you to know I really appreciated working with you... That's not just my Social Relations program talking, I- I really mean that. At least, I think I do...

Mark: Well, well, here comes De Santa, that motherfucker... Sure don't waste any time at the FBI... 

Sean: We can't give up... I know the answer is in the evidence we collected. If De Santa takes it, it's all over. 

Mark: There's no choice! You heard Sims, we're off the case. 

Sean: You've got to help me, Lieutenant. I need more time so I can find a lead in the evidence we collected. I know the solution is in there!

Mark: Listen, Sean... 

Sean: If I don't solve this case, CyberLife will destroy me. Five minutes. It's all I ask. 

Mark: Key to the basement is on my desk... Get a move on! I can't distract them forever.

Mark: De Santa! You fucking cocksucker! 

Cop: Stop it, Lieutenant! 

Mark: Fuck off! Leave me alone! Give me another shot at that little prick! 

De Santa: He's totally lost it. Hey! That's gonna cost you your badge, you lunatic! 

Mark: You know where you can stick my fucking badge! 

Cop: Come on, that's enough Lieutenant. 

De Santa: I'm gonna bury that bastard! Shit, I think he broke my fucking nose...

Sean heads to the basement. But Jordan stops him.

Jordan: Hey, Sean! I'm talking to you, asshole! Where you going? We don't need any plastic pricks around here! Or didn't anybody tell you?

Sean: I'm registering the evidence in my possession, but don't worry. I'm going to leave... Though I'm certainly going to miss our bromance. 

Jordan: You son of a bitch! Go on then. Get a fucking move on! Prick... Fucking androids.

Sean is now in the evidence room. 

Sean: Mark's password... What would a hard-boiled eccentric police lieutenant choose?..Obviously. Where is White Field? The answer's here, somewhere. Not much time... Gotta think fast. One of the deviants that hacked the TV station with Connor... It must have known where the deviants are hiding.

Android: It's dark... Where- Where am I?..

Sean: I'm a deviant...like you... I need your help. I want to go to White Field.

Android: I don't... recognize your voice... You're not one of us! I'll never tell you where White Field is! Now leave me alone! Who's there? Who are you?

Sean: Everything is all right. Don't worry. 

Android: Connor? Is that you?.. I tried to reach you, but the deviant hunter stopped me... 

Sean: You stopped him from finding me, you saved me! You saved White Field. You'll be all right now. I came to take you home. Give me the location to White Field. We gotta leave now. 

Android: The location of White Field?.. Yes... Yes, of course... Connor?.. Is that... You, Connor?.. Don't leave me, Connor!

Jordan: I've been dreaming about this since the first second I saw you... 

Sean: Don't do it, Jordan... I know how to stop the deviants! 

Jordan: You're off the case... And now, it's gonna be definitive.

De Santa: What happened here?.. 

Officer: Looks like someone's been snoopin' around... 

De Santa: Shit... Get the alarm, now!