Prologue

Marcus ran frantically, passing through leaning trees into an opening of a shadowing bush. Reaching out to touch the last kindling hope he heard a thundering roar, causing his heart and breath to give out, just to speed up even more fluttering than before. Sweat dripped from his brow a fear radiated off his shoulders, trembling into his spine as he pushed through the last line of defensive bushes and thorns.

Climbing clumsily through the thicket, the light gleamed from above made his sweat shine. It was bright. Wondering amongst the twilight of trees made this one patch of menousing light near blinding. Marcus stared wondering if he was dead. Gazing up into blistering light, an obscure cloud flew over head, and then spiraled downward. The cloud swifted and bent into an imaginary shape as a burst of fire flickered from its grinning mouth.

As the light faded it revealed a beast worse than death itself. The dragon looked down rigorously and tilted its head down, bowing to him. With a snort from its fiery nostrils, it shook it head. Dropping one of its wings from encasing itself, it revealed a figure nearly as frightening, if not more menacing. The mystery figure was intriguing with its head glaring down. It was slander built and tall with fierce pride.

The new found figure stepped down from the back of the beast in a swift, orderly matter with a clang of metal hitting the ground. Light bounced and trembled off the metal armor, and a crimson cloak unraveled behind like bloody angel wings. The figure lurked closer with an outstretched hand, curled, ready to crush a human skull if one dared to come within reach. Its other hand grasped onto the hilt of a mighty sword. With a military halt the figure stopped. Everything in the valley stopped.

The figure raised its head, and through the slits of the now see-able helm, eyes with fires of hell showed through. The hand raised folded into a tight grasp with a finger stabbing out, shooting towards him. In a voice that sounded man nor woman, kind or terrible, it spoke.

" You are not yet ready. "

Then everything went black.

~Let me know what you think :) and where you think its going to go! Yeah... I know there's not much to go after.

Comment and vote?