Nala Nyx: 4

Nala Nyx: 4

Nala's POV

2201

The door in front of me was solid oak. It had no window, and there were two door handles.

No people were left in the hallways; everyone had gone to their classes five minutes before. I was completely alone.

My mind couldn't stay focused on one thing. Should I just walk in? Would the professor be angry at me for being late? What if I'm not at the right room? So many thoughts swirled around in my head that I barely even noticed the body that bumped into mine.

"I am so sorry!" a masculine voice said rather loudly.

Turning to my left, where the voice came from, I saw a young man. He had jet black hair that hung in his blue eyes. A slight frown adorned his full lips before he bent down in front of me.

It was then that I noticed the books on the ground.

"I didn't see you, sorry. I didn't want to be late." he said.

Kneeling beside him, I replied, "It's okay, I understand."

He handed me a book and I handed him one of his.

"I'm Linc Lycon, by the way."

Linc. That name sounded so.... I didn't know.

"I'm Nala. Nala Nyx."

We both stood up after the books were gathered, but neither of us moved. Linc stood there staring right into my eyes, like he could see down to my soul. I didn't like that.

"Um, it was nice to meet you, Linc, but I should really be going."

When he didn't respond, I began to shift nervously. What was his problem?

"Linc?"

It was like something snapped inside of him as he shook his head slightly.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said I should really be getting to class," I trailed off.

"Oh, uh, right. Well, I'll see you around then."

As soon as the words left his lips he was walking away. I stood there in stunned silence.

The two books in my hands suddenly felt lighter than earlier, and with a gasp, I realized one wasn't mine.

"Linc?" I called out.

There was no answer.

"Shoot," I groaned as I began to jog the way he went.

He was leaning against a wall when I found him. A piece of paper was in his hands, the books on the floor. As I got closer, I realized he was actually holding a picture.

I also realized that he was crying.

"Linc?" I asked tentatively.

His head snapped up and when he saw me, he turns his back to me.

"What is it?" he croaked, a hand reaching up to his face.

"I have your book. Are you okay?"

"Oh, uh," he coughed a little bit before continuing, "I'm fine."

"Okay... Can I have my book back?"

Without a word, he picked up a book and handed it to me. His head was down so that I couldn't see his eyes.

With my books in my hands, I started backing away. Linc still hadn't said a word.

I tried ti write this while watching Doctor Who... Sorry if it seems short and irrelevant, but trust me, that one litttle scene will be important later on ;) Don't forget to vote, comment and fan!