Chapter 6 ~ Relocation

I blinked my eyes open to see Grim looming over me. At first I was startled, but not shocked. Of course, I had gotten used to Grim's presence ever since the first day he captured me. But the days were so long... I don't even know where I am in time. Which season did I leave at again? Fall, Spring, Summer...? I honestly don't know anymore. Lost in thought, I was nudged sharply in the side.
"We need to go, now." He ordered.
"Yes yes, I know." I muttered, getting up. Grim led me out of the den, pushing the bramble entrance aside. He let it fall on the ground then started to walk.
Grim was frequently looking over his shoulder to look at me. I will admit that I did feel uncomfortable, obviously, but I had to push away my fear so he wouldn't smell it. I looked around the dark pines, the trip to the area where I usually made my dirt suddenly becoming long. Then I realized that we had passed the dirt place, since I remember smelling something horribly dung-like.
"Grim... where are we going?" I asked before he attempted to enter a shadowy part of the pines. Grim turned around, unease somehow washing over him before his face twisted serious.
"We're finding a new den." He responded.

My stomach churned and I could feel a sudden pressure in my lower rear.
"Um... can I do my dirt somewhere?" I asked sheepishly. Grim huffed, pointing his tail to a tree. I blushed, embarassed. I padded up to the tree, looking over my shoulder to see if Grim had turned away or not. Surprisingly he had. I did my dirt and buried it, heading back to him.
"So you said we're finding a new den... why is that?" I asked, curiosity taking over my mind.
"Because I said so." Grim responded quickly, turning back to the route. I sighed, sagging my shoulders. Could he be anymore vague and undetailed?
I followed Grim quietly, not daring to utter a single word. Although the silence carried a tension that hung like thick fog in the air. I honestly wanted to break the awkwardness, but I had nothing to talk about. My stomach growled loudly and I remembered that I hadn't eaten in over two days. How could I have forgotten the hunger that gnawed at my stomach and threatened to knock me out again?
"You're hungry, aren't you?" Grim turned to face me, annoyance rising on his face. I slowly nodded, stopping to sit.
"Just, stay here." Grim said quickly, then added, "don't try to run away; because if you do I'll find you. I always will." My eyes widened as he walked away. I wasn't considering trying to escape this way, I was too hungry. But the threat took such a negative affect on me, I didn't dare move.

It wasn't too long until Grim returned with a rabbit. He threw it at me, the rabbit sliding along the ground until it landed at my paws. I looked gratefully at Grim, but he was looking away. I dug into the hare, ripping the meat off the bones. When I was done I left the bones on the ground. I lifted my head to see that Grim was gone.
"Grim?" I called, looking around. I spotted his silhouette farther up ahead and ran up to him. He was scanning a large den, his mind completely focused on the task. I turned to the den, scanning it as well. It was large enough for at least five wolves to fit and the den seemed to slope more underground. I looked around to see a large flowing stream. There was a small waterfall washing down the stream, rocks surrounding the area like a barrier. A fish leaped out into the air, soaring down the waterfall to the bottom with a splash.

I ran over to the stream, the jumping fish fascinating me. I remember when Rain and I first saw fish. She had freaked out when one had splashed her with its tail. She had cleaned herself in the lake non-stop for at least three days until she had made sure she was fish free. I giggled at the thought, sitting down to watch the other leaping fish. They look so... free. Yet they are just creatures with a brain so small they only have an instinct to reproduce, swim and hide from predators. I thought.
"What are you so happy about?" Grim broke into my thoughts, yet again.
"The fish." I pointed my muzzle to a fish that leaped out of the water.
"What about the fish?" He rolled his eyes.
"They're jumping." I blinked. He narrowed his eyes, looking at me as if I was a stupid pup.
"That's it? Damn, you have a really bad definition of happiness." Grim huffed.
"I have a great definition of it, actually." I whirled around to face him with angry eyes. How dare he say such a thing!
"I know things you don't know, Twilight." Grim growled, his eyes glaring as he looked into mine. He looked away briefly to catch his breath. "Your brother and sister are honestly such bitches." My anger burned into fury.
"Don't you dare talk about my siblings like that!" I shouted, my eyes blazing.
"Have you ever wondered why your brother was killed by a rogue? Why your sister told you not to go in the pines? Dear Twilight, I know everything about you and your family." His voice turned into a sneer, his tail tracing under my chin until he faced my side.

I was speechless.
"H-how...?" I stammered, my paws shaking.
"Your brother screwed with my sister." Grim started, his voice bitter and cold. "And then your sister had been meeting me everyday since she turned a year old. But then she found out I had killed your brother and attacked me." His voice grew very serious and his eyes blazed. "She left me to die," he hissed. "Blade found me. He was young and stupid though, a meddlesome rogue pup. So he brought me to Blood Tide. I then trained to become a rogue." He concluded his story. "Ever since your brother screwed my sister, ever since your sister nearly killed me, I have been seeking revenge. And when you willingly left your family," he emphasized his voice at the last sentence. "I couldn't help but use this opportunity to benefit myself. So now you know why your brother died. You know why your sister told you to stay away from the pines. Why you fear me every time you see me. Didn't you ever see the signs?"

My mind flashed with several memories and I was trapped in them.

I looked over my shoulder when I saw a black wolf and a cream-furred wolf entering our camp. They seemed to be pups like me. I padded over to the area, watching as my parents talked to them.
"What brings you to our camp?" My mother asked.
"May we join?" The black wolf asked, his yellow eyes shinning brightly.
"Can you hunt?" My father asked.
"No. We've been feeding on bugs for a while." The black wolf replied hesitantly.
"That will do no good, then. Leave our territory at once." My father snapped. The black wolf nodded, nudging the cream-furred wolf to follow him. She was staring at Arrow, my brother. Their eyes didn't part until they were far away.

"Hey, Bright!" Rain called, padding over to me.
"Hi Rain!" I greeted. She blushed a little, her paw tracing along the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked, my eyes narrowing in curiosity.
"I just met this pup named Gorse." Rain admitted. "I think he's really cute."
"Can I meet him?" I asked excitedly.
"Sorry, you can't. He's really shy." Rain sadly shook her head.
"Oh, okay." I sighed, a little dissapointed. Rain waved her tail goodbye, running off.

I stared at Arrow's dead body. He was so young, too young to die.
"Rogues." My mother choked, bursting into tears as she pressed herself against my father. I looked in despair at my dead brother, grief overwhelming me. Rain, Arrow and I had always been so close. But he would never even live to get a mate, watch his pups grow up. Such a waste.

Rain came back with a few scratches.
"What happened?" I gasped, running over to her.
"Nothing." She snapped. "Nothing at all." And with that she had walked away.
"Is it Gorse?" I whispered, padding up to her. She was seated, her head hung in shame.
"He... he left me for another female." She sniffled. I pressed my side against her comfortingly.
"You'll get better males than him, Rain. You're too great to stay single." I told her. She smiled.

"I... I remember." I sucked in a breath, my eyes staring at the ground. Grim cleared his throat and I looked up to him.
"You don't understand what it's like to be me." He growled in a low and menacing voice. "Get in the den."
"But Grim, I do know." I pleaded.
"Silence!" He howled, his voice lowering. "Get in the den before I make you, Twilight." I gave him a small nod, padding into the bigger den and settling in a corner. I curled my tail around my paws, hiding my muzzle underneath my tail. Tears streamed out of my eyes, despite how hard I tried to blink them away. I soon drifted off to sleep, the silence slowly lulling me. I fell asleep, wet with tears.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hi! Wow, I almost have 100 reads on this story! :3 This means so much to me, thank you very much. I am currently editing the first few chapters so they follow the outline in my mind. I hope these new changes please you, since I will add more detail and drama. =) I'd once again like to thank all of my supporters for the reads and the votes.

Au revoir!

~ ChatteEnNoire