15.

Wanda sits with her legs in Jasper's lap in the library, his hand on her thigh, across from them, Pietro and Alice sit in the bean bags, Pietro just watching her read.

"So what's the deal with Jacob?" Wanda asks Jasper who looks to her. "He's a little intense....." Alice smirks.

"He's a werewolf" Jasper answers loud enough for the twins to hear. Wanda smirks and Pietro chuckles.

"Howl at the moon, ripped pants, teen wolf, werewolf?" Jasper smirks and kisses her head.

"No...no, they are more like big wolves.....all fours....."

"Oh," Wanda sighs. "Is weird I guess.....turning into a giant dog" Jasper smirks wider.

"No weirder than being able to freeze people, that was pretty....."

"Freaky" Wanda offers.

"Incredible" Jasper tells her.

"And it's not freezing them" She mumbles. "I just.....control their minds, get them to stand still and then.....I wipe their memories" she looks back to her book. Jasper smirks at her.

"Yeah, cause that's not impressive" he wraps his arm around Wanda who shrugs. He kisses her cheek. "It is impressive," he tells her.

"I don't see it" she looks to him.

"You are magic, Wanda" she smiles a little and lets him kiss her softly, she smiles and kisses him back. Pietro faux gags across from them, Alice smacks his chest lightly, Pietro chuckles. Wanda and Jasper smile warmly at one another.

................................

Edward paces, frustrated. Alice is stressed, Pietro mumbles sweet Sokovian in her ear and rubs her back. Bella tries to track their fast-paced conversation with Carlisle, Rosalie, and Esme. Wanda sits watching the whole thing, playing with the laces on her gloves.

"Who was it? Someone, we know?" Rosalie asks Edward.

"Just a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent"

"A nomad passing through?"

"A passer-by wouldn't have left Bella's father alive" Bella's chilled by the thought, Wanda reaches up and touches her arm, pulling at the negative emotions, Edward glances to the enhanced human just as the door bursts open. Jasper enters.

"His scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house" Jasper moves to Wanda, she holds up her free hand and he takes it pulling it to his lips.

"Someone's orchestrating this"

"Victoria?"

"I would've seen her deciding"

"It has to be the Volturi"

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too"

"So we keep looking"

"We also take shifts, guarding Bella at her house"

"Another protection detail?"

"Rosalie"

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad... ... and search for the intruder. And for Victoria. And keep yourselves fed"

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless"

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve. And I wouldn't be unprotected, I have..." She stops... a beat. An idea occurring. She looks at him, a tiny glimmer of optimism flashing on her face.

"What?"

........................................

"So...this Victoria is after Bella because.....Edward killed her boyfriend?" Pietro asks Alice as they, Jasper and Wanda sit together. Jasper and Alice share a look.

"Essentially, yes"

"Okay" Pietro nods a little setting his head in Alice's lap, she smirks and threads her fingers through his hair. Jasper stares at the male twin.

"Just....okay?" he asks, Wanda smirks a little.

"Wel....you want us to freak out" Pietro waves his hands around. "Like this weirdest thing in the world to happen......you know how things go" he looks up at Alice. "Love conquers all" Alice smiles down at Pietro. "She will lose....and Edward will win....."

"Because of his love for Bella" Wanda finishes with a smile. Jasper threads his fingers into her hair and pulls her closer.

"You are....." he smiles at her before kissing her. "Mmmm you are just....." he smiles so warmly at her that her insides ache. Jasper strokes her cheek and brushes her hair back, Pietro and Alice share a look before he scoops her up and speeds out the room, that blue blur all that remains. "Wanda....." Jasper whispers caressing along her jaw and down her neck before kissing her softly......morphing into a little harder, warmer, heavier.

.............................................

Jasper strokes Wanda's spine as she sleeps beside him, their clothes had been abandoned as they move from his couch to the bed. He'd never thought it would feel that good, that warm, that right. He nuzzles into her neck as she smiles, awake, her hand moving to his chest where she traces one of his scars.

"Wanda.....last night....." she turns slightly to face him, he strokes her face. "I love you," he tells her warmly. Wanda holds up her hand letting her mist swirl around it, he nods and pulls her wrist up towards his face, she touches his temple. He gets flickers of memories. Children, Wanda and Pietro. Her parents, Sokovia, moments between them all, her and Jasper, the moments since they met, all the little things, touches, glances, and her view, her perception of the night before, the two of them together. She pulls her hand back.

"I love you too" he moves forward and kisses her.

"It feels like a lifetime.....that I have waited for you" he whispers against her lips. "That there was always something missing......" she smiles as he strokes her neck and shoulder. Down along her arm. "That you were missing" she smiles.

"I'm here now" he nods and smiles wider at her.

"Yeah, you are......" he kisses her again.