Chapter 2: Not Good Enough

"You know, Leon isn't that great" Diego babbles on as we sit and drink tea at a local café. I resist the urge to roll my eyes as I continue to ignore Diego's annoying rants about Leon.

"Fran..." Diego says, I don't hear him. I'm too zoned out. "Fran!" He says louder, I snap out of it.

"W-what?" I say, looking around to see if I missed anything dramatic.

"Were you zoning me out again?" Diego says with the corners of his mouth curved down in a frown.

"No, I'm just thinking about stuff" I say, taking a sip of my tea.

"So who do you think's gonna get the lead roles in the show?" Diego says, changing the subject.

"Me, I hope" I shrug.

"I bet you will, your audition was amazing!" He says and I blush,

"Hey, yours was too" I say and he smiles. Suddenly I notice a guy is staring at me from the other side of the café. I blush and look away.

"He is so checking you out" Diego says, taking notice of what was going on.

"Whatever" I say, slightly embarrassed.

"Well he's not good enough for you anyway" Diego says, crinkling his nose.

"He said that?!" Camila says as we hang out in my bedroom.

"Yeah" I try to say casually but I actually feel like screaming because I can't control my emotions.

"I knew you liked him!" Camila boasts.

"Please don't tell anyone, Cami!" I say.

"I won't" Camila promises.

"But he doesn't like me back" I sigh and my excitement instantly fades.

"You don't know that" Camila protests.

"Yes I do, Maybe I'm just not good enough for him" I pout.

"Fran, don't say that, seriously you sound pathetic" Camila says honestly.

"What should I do, Cami?" I ask, desperate for help.

"Tell him how you feel" she says.