6

I reached Jungkook's apartment building as fast as traffic laws would allow. It was like 3 am in the morning and I looked like a mess, my hands couldn't stop shaking as I entered the building. I had no idea why I was so nervous. Maybe it was hearing the desperation in his voice or how it felt when I heard his voice. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I heard his voice and the wave of emotions I've been trying to push back came running.

Even though I should be mad at him, I'm not. I just want him, but he's mot mine to have so there's nothing I could do about it.

I knocked my shaky hand on his door and tried to compose myself.

Hearing nothing, I knocked again, "Jungkook. It's me, Jihyeon."

I heard a lot of clambering from inside and then a thud followed by a groan.

"Fuck. It's open."

I hesitantly opened the door and was shocked by what I saw behind it.

What was once an orderly penthouse, was now a... a mess. Everything was all over the place. Dishes piled in the sink and furniture was thrown all over the place.

Jungkook was sitting on the floor leaning his head on the wall beside him. Next to him was the portrait of himself.

"Oh my god, Jungkook are you okay? What the hell happened?"

He chuckled grimly, "Don't pretend to care. Sorry to bring you away from whoever you were f*cking."

His harsh words hit me, but they made me more mad than anything.

"Are you serious? What did you want me to do? Be your dirty little secret? Wait for you? God I want you Jungkook, but I refuse to be anyone's secret. I respect myself more than that. YOU flirted with me without saying anything about a girlfriend. What was I supposed to do? Sit and cry and constantly think about you? Cause I wanted to and I almost did, but I couldn't do that. Not for you, not for anyone."

I didn't even realize I was crying till I tasted the
salty tears when I licked my lips.

I looked away from his shocked face while I
furiously wiped away my tears.

We sat in that silence for a bit. Neither of us wanting to speak first.

But Jungkook finally broke the silence, "Come here."

I looked at him and his face betrayed no emotion.

Scared, I made no move to go to him.

He chuckled, "Come here, I want to show you something."

My curiosity getting the best of me, I walked over to him and sat facing him, but making sure I kept enough distance between us.

If he noticed this, he chose not to say anything.

When I was situated, he suddenly began to pull off his shirt.

"J-"

"Shut up and listen, Ms. Park."

I clamped my mouth shut at that.

Without his shirt, I saw some hidden tattoos he had and was mesmerized by their intricacy. I must've moved closer because when I looked up, our faces were really close.

"I got my first tattoo with her even is it wasn't allowed. I did it for her. I did a lot of my firsts with her." He paused and I waited for him to continue.
He pointed to the words on the left side of his rib cage, "This one says 'Reassurance' she convinced me to get it to remind myself that if I were to ever lose myself again, I would be able to find myself. But when I got it for me it meant, if I was lost she would find me again. I was in love with her, more than I knew at the time." I decided not to ask what he meant by 'again' and held my tongue. "Well, at least till I lost her."