Chapter 14: Trouble

[:.•Kaylee's POV•.:]

•3 months later•

"...and they say, she's in the class A team. Stuck in her daydream been this way since 18 but lately her face seems slowly sinking wasting. Crumbling like pastries and they scream.," the ginger god also called Ed Sheeran sang from my headphones as I walked down the street. The wind blew lightly around me, causing some leaves to stir around a bit and goosebumps cover my jean covered legs. I wasn't walking to any specific place, I just wanted to walk. My house wasn't the ideal place for me right now...

[:.•30 Minutes Earlier•.:]

"...What are you gonna do? Your only a junior in high school! You don't know how to raise no baby." My mother screamed at me as she stood angrily in front of me with her hands on her hips. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair "Mom, you don't think I know that? Geez. I know! I screwed up!" I said, trying my hardest not to upset my developing baby. "You more then screwed up! What about your life? Your future? Hmm." My dad cut in, his arms crossed over his chest, peering at me from over the rim of his glasses. "Not to mention you got pregnant by that pathetic excuse of a boyfriend!" "EX. Ex-boyfriend" I said softly, my heart clenching at those words. "We broke up 3 months ago." I explained, ignoring the tears brining my eyes threatening to spill over. "Figures. Ran as soon as he found out he was gonna be a father." My mom scoffed bitterly as I looked at her. I shook my head, thumbing away a tear as I stood up and grabbed a coat and a beanie. "Where are you going?" My dad asked worried. "Out." I said as I grabbed my iPod and ran downstairs.

That's how I ended up walking down the desolate road. I sat down on a bench just as the song changed to a Ray Lamontange song. "..When you came to me, with your bad dreams and your fears. It was easy to see, you've been crying.." He sang softly to me as I placed a hand on my bump, rubbing gently. I sighed heavily as I closed my eyes, tilting my head back as the wind blew, flashbacks of me and Kristopher dancing behind my eyes. Man, I missed him. I haven't made any attempt to call him or text him or do anything, not even for our baby. He hit me, he hurt me so bad.

"...I could hold you in my arms. I could hold on forever. I could hold you in my arms ohhhh. I could hold on forever." I sang along brokenly as the tears streamed down my face. "..You got a beautiful voice." A deep voice with an english accent spoke softly, startling me and making me jerk. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you love." The voice spoke again as I calmed down. I looked to my left and met eyes with someone else's. "How long have you been here?" I asked, not meaning to sound harsh. He chuckled softly "Long enough." He said and I scoffed. "Didn't your mother ever tell you to make yourself known so you don't go scaring people half to death?" I snapped as I pulled my headphones out my ears. "Sassy are we? But no. She didn't." The stranger said. "The names Sevyn by the way. Sevyn Martin" the tanned, light brown eyed boy said with a soft smile as he held his hand out to me. I looked at and then back him "I'm Kaylee." I said softly as I shook his hand back. "Nice to meet you love." He said with a smile, exposing pretty white teeth. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke again "Kinda cold out here. Don't cha think?" He asked and I shrugged heavily, not really caring that the jacket I had on wasn't as warm as I thought before. The cold began to seep through the thin material and I began to shiver.

The next then I knew, I felt something placed over my shoulders and I looked over at the boy who was now in nothing but a plaid button down shirt and jeans. "But you'll get cold wont you?" I asked, but he shrugged "You need it more then I do love." He said and I blushed a little as he smiled a warm smile that made my heart flutter in my chest. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket telling me I had a missed phone call from Karloz, Kris's best friend along with a text;

"Call Me ASAP"

It read in capital letters. I made a face as Sevyn looked at me. "Something wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. "Um, I should be going." I said as I stood up from the bench. "Oh. Um. Ok." He said scratching his head a bit. I started to hand him back his jacket "Keep it." He said softly, another heart stopping smile following his words. "Matter of fact.." He said reaching for my phone and typing something in. I stared at him in confusion when he handed it back "Call me sometime.." He said, giving me a wink before walking down the street, hand in his pockets.

I watched him go as my heart raced and my little one gave a little flutter. I sighed as I placed my hand on barely noticeable bump before looking at phone and ringing Karloz. He answered on the 2nd ring "Kaylee! You need to come quick.."