Six ~ Casanova's Pickings

Typical Ariella, I mimicked Sasha’s words in my head as the thunderous clouds decided to begin a monsoon.

My hoodie was quickly soaked through, my vans squelching on the side walk. I shoved my hands deep in my pockets, hunched over and kept walking, determined not to so much as glance at the black Porsche that was crawling idly along beside me, with a smirking and very amused driver.

Scott had been following me for the past three blocks, continuously yelling out to me and trying to get me to get in the car. I was still nowhere near home, yet very wet, very cold and very shitty.

Suddenly the tinted window was rolled down and Scott’s laughing smirk leashed its full intensity.

“Hey, Latte!” he shouted.

I faltered in my steps and made the mistake of looking up, distracted from giving him the silent treatment by the sudden change of nickname.

Scott’s grin widened at my response and an immediate scowl formed, wiping the surprise from my face.

“Getting a little wet are we?” he continued gleefully.

Snarling, I stalked on, strands of my hair plastered to my face from the torrential rain, every single item of my clothing dripping with icy water.

“Come on Latte, get in the car! I wouldn’t want to be the cause of you developing leukaemia because of a cold!”

That made me stop. I spun around to face the car and stared at Scott, blonde head framed in the car window.

“Are you serious?” I asked in disbelief, blinking away the water in my eyes.

Scott stared back with a raised eyebrow. “What?”

“Leukaemia is a cancer you moron!” I screamed. “You can’t develop it by getting a cold; that’s pneumonia!” I threw back, completely incredulous.

Scott shrugged. “Same diff,”

“They’re two completely different things cause by two completely different viruses and bacteria, cancer being either through genetics or-”

“Ok, ok, I get it! Stop with the lecture!” Scott snapped, holding his hands up in a sign of defence, or peace, I wasn’t entirely sure. “I get enough of that from Golden Boy Tristan at home,”

But I wasn’t listening to what he was saying, I was focused on the fact that neither of his hands were on the steering wheel, or his eyes on the road.

“Keep your eyes on the road Parker!” I shouted.

Scott rolled his gorgeous dark blue eyes but all the same put his hands back where they belonged. I couldn’t say the same for his eyes though.

“Come on Latte, get in the car! This is getting boring, and rain is getting on the leather of my car!”

“Then go home!” I screamed, losing control and whirling to him again. Seriously, couldn’t he take a hint? “Generally when a girl walks off on you, it means leave her alone!”

Scott laughed. “Generally, if a girl walks off on me, it means she wants a chase, and I am more than happy to oblige,” he shrugged, eyes sliding away from my own slyly. “I prefer the chase anyway. Easy girls are such a bore,”

I crossed my arms, suddenly very angry and mindless of the rain. “Oh, is that so?” I snarled sarcastically. “So what does that make Sasha? Easy pickings? A one night stand, huh? Do tell, Casanova,”

Scott laughed, throwing his head back and flashing his perfectly straight white teeth while I ground my own in frustration. I was about ready to punch him, and it wouldn’t be pretty if I did.