Nineteen ~ Come Out To Play

Ok so it's been ages since I've updated (oopsies...) but I figured I should do a quick sum up because even I forgot what had happened!

-Ariella and her Aunt Kay talked about 'the incident' and made up

- Sasha figures out that Ariella likes someone, but not who

-Spencer invites Ariella to a gathering he's holiding at Tristan's to try and get him 'in' with the popular people

-He knows that Ariella likes Tristan and is trying to get them together

-Ariella meets up with Verity who begins her lessons on how to become better than Sasha: a 'seducer' of men so that there won't be a man she can't set her eyes on and conquer.

-Ariella prepares for 'the game' against the girl who is trying to steal Tristan

cont.

******************************************

“Holy shit…did every possibly fashionable and expensive brand throw up in your wardrobe?”

“Huh?”

There was some rustling before Verity appeared out from behind my wardrobe door, holding five big shopping bags, mostly Gucci, Prada, Sass and Bide and Zara. She raised an eyebrow.

“Oh those,” I said dismissively and turned back to my makeup bag, frowning at the different eyeliners, lipsticks and eyeshadows.

“Uh, yes these. Where the hell did you get these from?” she exclaimed, throwing them on my bed. She suddenly lowered her voice. “Did you steal them?”

“What, no! Of course not!”

Verity shrugged and turned back to the bags. “Just asking.”

“Sasha has the tendency to drag me on her shopping trips and buy stuff for me that I’ll never wear. She likes to play dress up.” I spat the last words out. I hated being her doll she thought she could change and manipulate to her pleasure.

“Wait…Sasha bought you all these gorgeous, expensive fashionable clothes?”

I turned to face Verity, sensing something in her voice. “Yeah…?”

“And you’ve never worn them before?”

“They all still have tags and receipts. I should pawn them for money…” I said as an afterthought.

“Uh, hell no! I was going to take you shopping and fix your wardrobe…but I had no idea you had the latest fashion trends in your closet.

I hardly battered an eye. “So? I never wear them. They’re too…Sasha.”

It was already Thursday again, the day before Spencer’s gathering. I still hadn’t told him whether I was or not, though Verity had convinced me it was the perfect opportunity to have at Tristan. I wasn’t so sure myself.

Verity rolled her eyes, like I was missing something very important. “That’s kind of a good thing.”

“Oh right…the whole ‘be like Sasha’ thing…”

“Not be like Sasha…be better than Sasha.” Verity winked.

I blinked once, a strange feeling flashing through me. Verity’s smile disappeared.

“What? Is there something on my face?” she asked, touching a finger to the edge of her lip.

I blinked again, shaking my head. She breathed a sigh of relief and begun ransacking all the bags and clothes I had collected through numerous shopping trips with Sasha, tried on and never looked at again.