Syrup Water or Alcohol?

"Ready?" Shay asked, giving me an odd smile.

I nodded with a small smile, nodding over at Austin as well, and he nodded back with a small grin.

Okay. Talk about awkward.

Shay led us to his car a little bit out of the venue park, and I climbed into the backseat as well as Austin. Shayley gave us a small curt nod, and we began driving.

As we drove I couldnt help but smile at how cute the dark headed scream vocalist looked. His deep brown eyes seemed to be lit with a small melancholy happiness. Was it weird that I thought that?

We finally reached a small building that was dark on the outside, but seemed to be moving and shaking with music that seemed to be coming from the inside.

Oh no.

Were we at a club?

I couldn't be here.

I'm an alcoholic.

I decided that if we were at a club then I'd just deal with it and try to not get too drunk.

Shay noticed my uneasiness and looked at me strangely. "You alright, Keygan?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, and I nodded.

I was fine. I just needed to take this slow.

I adjusted my glasses and ran a hand through my hair, making a mental note that I needed to redye the red, as we entered the small building, the music almost blasting out my eardrums at how loud it was.

Almost at once I regretted coming as soon as I saw the people dancing almost in like a rave scene. People were dancing close together, their body heat increasing the temperature by a good ten degrees then it was outside.

I swallowed. Okay one I hated crowds like this and two I was an alcoholic. There was sure to be drugs and alcohol here.

It was a freaking rave, of course.

Shay smiled lightly and grabbed my hand in his own, leading me to the bar section with Austin following behind us.

I wasn't entirely sure if I should even be here considering my band would kill me if I got drunk again. I'd do something stupid like last time.

Austin had asked me something, but I couldn't hear it. So when he repeated it I had to ask him to repeat himself yet again.

He chuckled lightly at my jumpy reaction and repeated himself. "Do you want a drink?" he asked, and I felt my body shake lightly.

I so badly wanted to say yes, so I could get drunk and forget that any of this was happening. So I could forget Trevor and our relationship.

But I couldn't.

I'd promised.

I shook my head. "Uh, no thanks." I replied, waving a hand and sitting on one of the barstools close to the bar.

He raised an eyebrow, but nodded and disappeared into the sea of hot bodies.

I sighed. This was not good.

~~~~

I was starting to feel funny. I'd drunk a simple glass of water that Shayley had given me. Maybe it had been my paranoia or something like that, but I could have sworn that the liquid in the cup looked thicker than water.

Maybe not.

Maybe so.

I tried to ignore it, and eventually made my way to the dance floor, dancing in between people to get to the other side of the room like the awkward person I was.

The lights danced off the skin of every person in the room, the colors bouncing onto the walls.

It was an interesting sight, but I was more focused on one thing.

Figuring out what I was drinking. It was thick, almost syrup like. It tasted normal, though, so I wasn't sure.

And Shay had given it to me.

What was it, where were the two guys I had come here with, and what was going on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that it's short but it's going to ease into some problems xD

Hope you enjoyed c: