11; Wall of Fire

The couple stiffened upon seeing the shocked blonde standing in the hallway

The couple stiffened upon seeing the shocked blonde standing in the hallway. Jace looked at the pair, his lips parted in shock and his eyes wide. Seeing the Lewis girl with him made him feel a sense of jealousy, something he hadn't felt in a long time. "Jace," Tris exhaled, her arms dropping to her sides. "What are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" Jace asked, eyes still wide. "What are you doing?"

"I'm dating him," Tris pursed her lips.

"Oh, well, that's great," Jace exclaimed. "I'm very happy for the two of you."

"Thanks. . .?"

"Oh, yeah. Have fun, you guys!" Jace moved to get out but Tris stopped him.

"Jace," she pulled him outside and smiled at Nick before shutting the door close. She turned to the blonde. "What's wrong with you?"

"Me? Nothing!" Jace yelled.

"Jace, you're yelling."

"Me? Yelling? No way!"

"Jace, stop," Tris snapped. "What is it?"

"Nothing," Jace sighed. "I guess I'm bummed about the whole 'My girlfriend is my sister thing.'"

"Oh, Jace," Tris sighed. "I'll help you through it."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, whatever you need. I'll be there. I promise."

▪▪▪

Tris and Simon continued to follow the gunsman, staring at all the guns hung on the wall. Nick had adviced this place because the man here was a werewolf and had taken about eighteen years just to find the correct bullets for Downworlders. Simon turned his head around, looking afraid. "Relax," Tris whispered.

"Relax? We're in a gun store," Simon whispered. "How can I relax?"

Tris rolled her eyes, still following the man until he stopped in front of a wall lined with guns. He picked out two, one small, one large. He held out the smaller one, which Tris took. "This one is the best for sneaking it into your jeans and it fires well. The other one is more for battles," the man said.

"I'll take two of each," Tris set the gun down and the man brought out four small wooden boxes. He opened one and said, "These are regular bullets. The other one has a rare form of wolfsbane bullets and the other box has wooden ones, for the vampires," he glanced at Simon, who stepped back a little. "And these ones are special. Kills any demon or Shadowhunter." 

"I'll take two of all of those, please," Tris smiled politely, handing in the money.

▪▪▪

"Morning," Jace greeted Tris, who walked in the ops centre, noticing Magnus seated on one of the chairs surrounding the illuminated table. She had just woke up, still deprived of sleep and caffeine, and still in her sweatpants and tank top, a black jacket worn over it to keep her warm. She placed her hand on her hip, feeling the cold metal, the gun she was carrying.