02; The Funny Guy's Kidnapped

"Simon, I think Jace can help us," Clary stated, looking at Simon sadly. Tris shared a look of disbelief with Tyler.

"What?" Simon asked, eyes wide.

"Come on, guys." Clary motioned for the trio to follow her and Jace.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try-"

"Mundane, we do not have the time," Jace interrupted.

"Come on, guys," Clary urged. Following her and Jace, Tris watched the blonde burn a mark into himself, and she shot Clary a look.

"I know. Trust me," She nodded.

"I don't think I can even trust you right now," Tris mumbled under her breath. "He's, like, burning himself."

Jace clasped his hand on top of Simon's. "Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type. I don't even-"

Simon stopped rushing, as everything fell into place. All the windows, technology, and the marks which Tris had been seeing, were everywhere, decorating almost all parts of the building.

"Yeah, you know, 'cause if you're trying to be discreet, you gotta do it in style, am I right?" Tris asked, turning to Jace, who smiled at the brunette girl.

"Where are we?" Simon asked, looking confused. "What the hell? Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now," Jace stated, walking ahead of the group.

"I think my mother's at the center of it," Clary informed, walking behind Jace like a lost puppy.

"What is this place?" Tyler asked, walking in the main room. "There's a lot of gear in here."

"Yeah, what'd they do, rob a tech shop?" Simon questioned, making Tris hide a smile. "So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?"

"He's not a killer." Clary looked at Simon. "He's protecting us."

"Specifically, you," Jace smirked. "It's sort of our thing."

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?" Simon questioned in shock.

"He means a Shadowhunter thing," Clary assured him. "That's what they do, protecting humans from demons."

"Demons, right. That makes perfect sense, 'cause there are demons running all around New York," Simon scoffed.

"That is the first correct thing you've said all day." Jace smiled fakely.

"Woah, woah, woah, demons? Are there any chances that these demons could be in, like, alleys?" Tris asked, interested. Jace nodded.

"I've seen them before," Tris exclaimed. "Almost everyday."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tyler asked her, eyebrows furrowed.

"Uh, you were always busy," Tris lied. That was hardly the reason. It was because he would think she was crazy.

"No, I wasn't." Tyler looked at her in the eye. "I saw them, too, Tris."

"You two are mundanes with the Sight," Jace informed, eyes flickering between Tris and Tyler. "It's, uh, very rare."

"What is going on?" A tall man with black hair and a medium build walked in, a beautiful girl with long black hair, wearing a tight dress followed behind him. Tris assumed that they were siblings. "Why are there mundanes in the Institute?" The boy asked sourly.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Clary," Jace explained.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother," Clary mentioned.