I Am Not Believing This

The world spun around the group of time travelers for mere moments before their feet hit the ground once more in front of the Potter’s cottage.

“We really did it,” Harry gasped, gaping at his parent’s home. “I can’t believe that we actually have the chance to save them.”

“We have the chance to save everyone,” said Hermione softly.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” asked George boldly, walking up to the door.

Inside the cottage, Sirius had grown bored of avoiding Mad-Eye. He openly sat in front of the front window, playing with the twins. Well, more like he was acting like a child in front of two small, impressionable children.

“Boom!” Sirius yelled, throwing his arms up in the air.

Fred and George looked at each other and giggled, playing with their intertwined hands.

“Boom?” Sirius questioned, pulling out his wand. The twins’ eyes grew large and identical grins appeared on their faces.

“Padfoot, don’t even think about it!” James yelled, running into the room. “Whatever you’re planning to explode, don’t- Hey! Who’s that?”

James’s eyes left Sirius’s and his gaze traveled out the window. “Hey! Hermione’s back with the others!” he called into the kitchen.

George threw his fist in the general direction of the door to knock, but instead of coming in contact with the wooden surface, his fist squished against the soft flesh of Sirius’s face.

“BOOM!” yelled the twins, having seen Sirius stumble back after being punched in the face.

James roared with laughter at his best mate’s pain. “This is what you get for shoving me out of the way, you wanker!”

“Not in front of the twins,” scolded Lily, smiling as she walked into the front room. “And where are your manners, James?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

Lily rolled her eyes and walked up to the door, opening it wide enough for the group to pass through. “Welcome to my home,” she said in greeting.

“Wicked!” said George, his eyes landing on his baby self. “I guess I have to teach myself to make trouble if Sirius keeps falling over!”

“You punched me in the face!” Sirius yelled from his spot on the floor.

“Padfoot, now is not the time,” said Remus. “We have more guests, so get off of the floor!”

Minerva crossed over the threshold only to be attacked by a pouncing Sirius.

“Minnie!” He cried.

Minerva rolled her eyes and shoved her former student away, preferring to follow Lily into the kitchen with the twins.

“I see that she hasn’t gotten over the time you tried to set her office on fire to avoid going to class, Padfoot!” said James, a smirk growing on his face.

Harry and Ginny came through the door hand in hand, stopping in their track when they saw the laughing James Potter.

“Dad?” Harry asked, not believing his eyes. “Is that really you?

“Harry,” said James softly. “Merlin, I can’t believe that I have a son…”

Harry released Ginny’s hand and pulled his young father into a hug that seemed to span on forever.

“You have no idea how much I have wanted to meet you and mum,” he said hoarsely into James’s ear. “For my whole life I wanted to know you.”