chapter 22

san wooyoung

their date was going surprisingly well, all things considered.

wooyoung has been able to hide the most of his apprehension, as well as refrain from punching the guy who name called them earlier.

he found himself immensely swelled with pride at the way san had been able to stick up for himself, especially when his own first reaction was to recklessly act without thinking first.

when someone insulted san, his brain didn't think let's be rational, his brain thought i will kill you and everyone you love.

quite the opposing train of thought, but he couldn't help the effect his boyfriend had on him. that's why he was determined to never let anything bad happen to the other, ever.

glancing over at san's bright smile, inducing his own easy heart to such warmth he had to look away as if blinded, wooyoung couldn't help but forget everything negative. all that mattered was san, that he and san could be together happily like this, and he wanted nothing more than to ensure san's happiness was always this prevalent.

no matter what it took. if it meant hiding what some may consider the vital truth, wooyoung was more than happy to bury it.

placing san's happiness above his own was all that mattered, and anyone who got in the way of that... wooyoung would deal with.

"what are you thinking about?" san's soft question broke him out of his inner monologue, lifting his head and drawing his attention like a magnet.

"you've been quiet for a while." he continued, glancing at him with genuine concern and warmth.

"you," wooyoung answered simply, the word rawly honest, carrying emotion that surprised them both. "i'm just thinking about you."

"oh." san smiled sheepishly, rosy cheeks dusted with a shy blush as he ruffled his hair embarrassedly and hid his face in wooyoung's shoulder.

wooyoung smiled down at him, linking their arms and gazing up at the nearing sunset. the sky's canvas was a brilliant hue of orange, streaked with pink shades that entangled themselves with white wisps of clouds, as if painted there by the hand of an artist.

the sun peaked lowly on the horizon, granting dusk light that set a hazy mood on the whole theme park, creating an especially mysterious atmosphere that seemed almost secretive.

it was only them still walking around, enjoying this rare time of day that occurred so briefly, like it was only meant for them.

"is there anything else you want to do?" wooyoung inquired, pealing his eyes from the sky and averting them to a totally different artwork.

"hmm, maybe," san hummed in response, looking back at him with a slight squint in the last rays of the sun.

they walked a little more until the other stopped abruptly outside an about to close stall, gasping with childish excitement. "wooyoung!"

he pointed with an energetic grin. "i want to dye my hair!"

"you... want to dye your hair?" wooyoung repeated, laughing at his boyfriend's wide expectant eyes.

"yes!" san nodded aggressively, letting go of wooyoung as he began to examine the colours.

"have you decided on a colour?" he questioned the other after a minute, peering over his shoulder to see the selection.

"not yet." san replied, a concentrated and thoughtful look on his cute face as he tapped his chin indecisively.

wooyoung sighed, giving the stall keeper an apologetic look as the older man looked at his watch and then at san judgementally.