Chapter 8

Fluff is back ! And this is the last chapter of this story 😉 Thank you to have read this !

Elyne was half-lying on the Doctor, her head resting on his belly. She liked resting there, he was soft, warm and his arms around her made her feel protected. She wished she could stay here forever. That is why she could not fall asleep. What if he left while she was sleeping ?

She felt a gentle hand running through her hairs and she looked up. The Doctor was looking down at her. She never knew if he was angry or annoyed and sometimes it could scare her. But most of time, his look was gentle, even if he did not smile. And for the child's logic he would not let her hug him if he was angry, right ?

As she was rocked by his breathing's seesaw motion, she snuggled closer to him and closed her eyes.

The Doctor was lying on the bed almost too small for him. He had no choice, the moment he stepped inside the room, Elyne pulled him to the bed. Well, she pulled as hard as a four-year-old could do. His back will make him pay for that he thought, but he stayed quiet. He did not want to disrupt this peaceful moment. He would never admit it loud, but deep inside, he craved holding her close to him. Yes, either he likes it or not he was a hugger. Tenderness was part of his true nature no matter what he looked like. He was just better at hidding it in this current body.

He allowed himself to relax as he held Elyne close to him. He put his hand on her cheek. Her temperature was normal again. He smiled at the small warm ball snuggled at him. Then a tiny voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Doctor ?"

"Yes ?"

Elyne did not look up and stared at the room's door.

"Stay, please."

"I'm here."

"But you will leave again."

The Doctor frowned. "Why do you think that ?"

Okay, he could not really be upset that she could think that.

"Because he said you don't want me." her voice was tired and shaking. "Because I am a freak."

"Who said that ?"

"The bad doctor."

Now the Doctor was angry.

"Elyne, I want you to listen carefully." his tone was firm but his eyes were loving. " Professor Gray is a liar. I want you to forget every words he had told you."

The little girl nodded, wiping her eyes. "So I am not a freak."

"You are not a freak. In the whole universe, no living creature is like you." He smiled when Elyne put her chin on his solar plexus, watching him with her big amber eyes. "You are a marvel."

He chuckled when he saw Elyne's cheek turning red. She tried to hide her embarrassement by nuzzling her face against his midriff.

"Don't leave me please." she whispered.

"I won't leave you little one. Never again."

He held her tighter as he spoke, to support his words. But he heard Elyne sniffling. What did he do wrong this time he wondered. He did not really know how to soothe her. So he gently pulled the child on him, resting her head on his chest. His heartbeats comforted her the last time she felt bad, maybe it could work again he thought. As he rocked her, he softly wiped her tears with his thumb. That is at this moment that the door opened.