four

The ringing of his phone caused Jimin to immediately surfaced. He coughed out the water that had entered his lungs, holding onto the sides of the tub with all the remaining strength he had.

The water cascaded down his skin, dripping from his hair strands back into the tub. After getting the liquid out of his lungs, he gasps for air, his chest and shoulders rising up and down as he takes the air in.

The ringing of the phone continues to echo throughout the bathroom, making Jimin turn his head towards it instinctively.

It had to be from pure instinct. He was so close to ending his life when all of a sudden his subconsciousness decided to take control and spring out of the water just to answer that phone call.

Since his plans of drowning himself had failed, he stepped out of the tub. His clothes and his hair were completely soaked as the water continues to drip onto the already-wet tiled floor.

After swiping the towel off of its hanger, he proceeded to dry his hair, looking down at his phone—which was settled on top of the sink—and checked who the caller was.

Min Yoongi.

The person who was killing him came to save him.

No further hesitations were made for Jimin to grab his phone and answer the call. He placed the phone near his ear and answered, breathing out, "hey."

"Hey Jimin..."

Hearing the sound of Yoongi's deep voice again, his lips formed a smile of solace. He wanted to question why Yoongi called him but then later would be the best time, not wanting the other to wait any longer than he already has.

"Are you okay? You sound tired."

He was breathless, considering that he had inhaled amounts of water before the call, "I'm fine," He faked a laugh, "I just finished doing my usual enervating exercises,"

I tried to drown myself.

"Sorry about that."

"Don't worry it's fine."

It's not...

Jimin tilts his head to the side, pretending that everything was alright and asked, "By the way Yoongi, why did you call?"

"Well, you know how all three of us usually hang out together?"

Jimin nods in reply, out of habit.

"I was wondering, would you like to hang out tomorrow? Just the two of us?"

In an instant, Jimin froze, trying his best to process those five simple words that shot him like a speeding bullet. What Yoongi said to him was something that shocked him utterly, never would he have imagined him to ask if they could spend time together.

Especially with the timing of all of this.

He was speechless, his lips quivered, trying to think of what he should say to Yoongi and how he should say it without stuttering like an idiot.

"Just the two of us?" He repeated as calmly as possible, just to confirm if he heard correctly.

"Well, yeah. We hardly hangout anymore Jimin, and to be honest, I do miss you. Hanging out without Hoseok, of course. Not that I don't want him around or anything but, you know what I mean."

He knew what he meant very well. A smile gradually formed on Jimin's lips, his heart swelling and his eyes stinging, feeling a few tears build up.

Yoongi wants to hang out with me, just the two of us.