Part 2

It has been a whole decade since mother passed. A few of the elves around the castle that my mother knew gave their condolences but other than that no-one has spoken to me.

I have only ever had one friend and that is Lady Arwen of Rivendell. I haven't seen her in many years. The last time I saw her was before mother died when we had to collect special herbs from there. Arwen and I do write to each other now and again but her life is quite busy and so if mine now.

Finally I have finished training myself and I am pretty good with a sword now and at shooting. Spiders have always troubled our forests and now they are increasing in numbers. The Mirkwood guard always used to be sent out to rid of them, but only out of the forest. King Thrandiul is very protective if his kingdom as any king is and he doesn't like getting involved in anybody else's.

For the past 5 years ever since my  mother died I have been secretly been ridding of the Spiders. Nobody knows who gets rid of them they just think they leave but people are suspicious that it is somebody. Especially Prince Legolas. Nobody has ever caught me because I always go out before the Guard.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Trees surround me. I am in a forest. With my bow. How did I get here? What am I-

"Tauriel" somebody screamed from behind me and I turned to see.... Filyana with her twin swords that she had given me before she died.

"Tauriel watch out" she shouted again. I didn't understand what was going on until I  heard a growl behind me. Wargs.

"Filyana what are you doing here, you...you di-"

"Tauriel listen to me. This isn't real it is a vision. Your right I am not in this world anymore I did die. But I  talk to you like this with my gift" she shouted  while killing a warg.

"What gift?" I had to shout because this warg I was trying to kill had a really loud growl.

"I can talk to people in their dreams when I am in a completly different place or world as it is now. Mother and father both have gifts and you have one too. You just need to discover it." As she was saying this the warg she was fighting was gaining strenght and knocked her to the ground

"Filyana" i screamed

It was just a dream. I sat up and looked out at the sunrise. I got up and walked over to the chair which I had left my clothes on. It was just simple fighting gear. A long green tunic, a silver breast plate, boots and a dark green cloak. I got dressed then went to my dresser were I brushed my long hair and put it into 4 braids. 2 at the sides that joined at the back.

I grabbed my quill holding my arrows and slung it over my back and then grabbed my bow and the twin swords that Filyana gave me. I put my hood up to hide my identity then walked out my room and silently down the corridor.

My room is in the servants quarters at the grand castle because I am a healer. Wait. What Filyana had said ran through my head. You just need to discover it. Was healing my gift. No, it couldn't be because my whole family were healers and fighters in secret. So no it cannot be. Anyway that is why I live here.

I made it through the servant quaters kitchens unnoticed. The next task was getting past the guard to get into the forest. I walked around the wall and to my suprise there was no guard. Probably changing over. So this is the perfect time to go. I grabbed my bow and ran into the forest as fast as I could making sure that nobody could see me.

As soon as I was in the forest I could already hear the foul creatures due to my amazing elf hearing. This made it easier to find them and unnoticed. I planned out my route in my head to make sure that I could go unnoticed. I climbed up the tree and started from leaping to each one careful not to make any noise at all.

I finally reached the nest. I jumped down from my position in the tree, already with an arrow knocked into my bow. In a couple of seconds I was surrounded by Spiders. I didn't hestitate as I had taught myself and shot the first spider right in the head which killed it instantly. After that they all came charging at once. A huge one charged at me it's poisoned pinsers at the ready to strike. As I began to fight this one I heard faint footsteps in the distance. The Mirkwood Guard! I could tell because the footsteps now at a run were light and the trees rustled in time with there movement.

I had to get away I couldn't get caught. King Thrandiual would put me to death if I did. But I couldn't because I was now surrounded by a whole nest of Spiders trying to kill me. The biggest spider I was fighting was now dead as I had shot him in the head aswell. 2 more came at me, so although it was probably not best time to try this but I knocked two arrows into my bow and to my suprise killed both of the Spiders.

They are here. I can feel them. The guard was here and watching me. I didn't need to look around to know. Luckily for me my hood on my cloak had not fallen down so my identity was still concealed. I killed 3 more spiders after that with my arrows all in the head. That is the weakest spot.

I was fighting another huge spider when i felt this sharp pain in my arm. A knife was sticking out. A guard had thrown a knife at me, but it wasn't even a guard.

It was Prince Legolas