2. You're Not John

oky so this is my next chapter, just to say all that disclaimer stuff, i only own Lacey, Liam, Caleb, Paul, you know, all the OC's that aren't actually cool enough to be in the real story line. anywho on we go.

-

Eventually, they arrived at Jefferson city, Dean parking by some train tracks out of sight so he could load up guns and get a bag ready. Sam kept his head in the book Bobby gave him, marking several parts out of interest. Lacey sat on the bonnet of the car, much to Dean’s displeasure, as she sharpened her blades.

Noticing the older Winchester’s solemn look, and knowing it had nothing to with her or the car, Lacey put her knives away and sighed. She slipped off the car, made her way past Sam who gave her a grateful smile, and leaned against the back of the car, arms crossed as she watched Dean.

“You've been quiet,” she stated, “Of course, i don’t know you any more so i can’t really say anything.”

Dean sighed, closing his eyes briefly before looking at her, “I didn't mean that. Lace, you know me better than Captain Dork over there,” he gestured to Sam who gave them his bitch face and walked away a little, “I was just-”

“Tightly wound, i know,” she smiled a little, “Don’t worry, i didn't really take offence to it.”

“You flinched,” he pointed out, closing the boot and leaning against it. “I'm not surprised, what gets me is that you’re willing to talk to me, after everything.”

“Dean, you slept with someone else, it’s not like you tried to kill me or anything,” Lacey reasoned, “I got over it a long time ago. We were both stressed with Sammy and your dad arguing constantly, and you taking your dad’s side while I was with Sammy. It put a strain on what was between us. Let’s face it Dean, there was something between us, but it was never going to last.”

“It could have,” he murmured, “If i wasn't such a dick.”

“Exactly,” she laughed, shoving him to the side, “You wouldn't have been you.” There was a moment of silence and she placed a hand on his shoulder, “Hey, he’s gonna be fine, Dean.”

Dean looked up and nodded, but Sam hurried over and pushed them both out of the way without a word before anything more could be said. He rubbed off the dirt and started to draw on the corner of the lid with a white marker.

“Dude, what are you drawing on my car?!” Dean exclaimed, looking absolutely horrified.

“It’s called a Devil’s trap. Demons can’t get through it or inside it,” Sam reasoned.

“So?” Dean was staring at Sam as if he’d grown another head, and Lacey rolled her eyes. Him and his car.

“It basically turns the trunk into a lock-box,” he explained, moving to the other side of the trunk to draw another symbol. Meanwhile Dean tried to rub the marker off, to no avail.

“So?”

“Oh god dammit Dean, you put the colt inside while we go get your dad, the demons can’t get it!" Lacey excalimed, throwing her hands in the air for no real reason.

“What are you talking about? We’re bringing the Colt with us,” Dean insisted, glancing between his brother and Lacey.

“We can’t, Dean. We've only got three bullets left. We can’t just use them on any demon; we've got to use them on the demon,” Sam announced, meaning Yellow Eyes.

“No,” Dean walked around the car to his brother, “We have to save Dad, Sam, okay? We’re gonna need all the help we can get.”

“Dean, you know how pissed Dad would be if we used all the bullets? Dean, he wouldn't want us to bring the gun.”